KBC Poker aka "KBC 60%" aka "KBC 40%"

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Jan 2011, 17:27

^_^b

....anyway! How can you not want one of these after those promotional pictures?

I am happy to announce that our samples will be in transit tomorrow. I should be receiving mine sometime next week, so please look forward to an indeph review.

I am actually genuinely hyped about this board, and that means quite something!

EDIT: There's now an interest check here for a European group buy for prices in the range of 65 to 75 EUR: http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=322

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jan 2011, 17:42

Yes! He also mailed me about the shipment tomorrow.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Jan 2011, 17:56

I also wish the girl was included, but I guess it would be hard to get her through the customs... even though she is kinda small.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jan 2011, 17:59

I try to wear my tongue like that in a casual way, but it sort of doesn't work. Looks like I have brain damage.

Mrinterface

31 Jan 2011, 12:38

Don't 4get to send one to me so I can make a video review ;-)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

01 Feb 2011, 00:30

Wearing my tongue out casually while waiting for this to arrive :P

PS: We should throw together and get a Fedex account next time.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Feb 2011, 00:39

Why did he ask if I had a DHL or Fedex account?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

01 Feb 2011, 00:52

If you do a alot of international shipping, you can open an account with FedEx or DHL. That way the sender gives your account number to them and does not have to pay shipping, while you are billed directly (a much lower amount of the usual price). This is what most businesses do. This is also the way I ship most stuff to Korea. Those guys seem to all have DHL account numbers.

I'm still new to the subject to and a friend recently introduced me to that. I don't know how much you actually have to ship/receive to be able to team up with them. I'll let you know if I find out.

ynih

03 Feb 2011, 03:44

sixty wrote: http://i.imgur.com/aFP63.jpg
^_^b

....anyway! How can you not want one of these after those promotional pictures?

http://imgur.com/KCpfg.jpg

I am happy to announce that our samples will be in transit tomorrow. I should be receiving mine sometime next week, so please look forward to an indeph review.

I am actually genuinely hyped about this board, and that means quite something!
That second picture...the model looks like it just took a bite out of a Topre dome and is enjoying it! :D

Parak

03 Feb 2011, 08:49

sixty wrote:Image
Huh. When I saw the topic, and then the first picture, for some reason I thought that the discussion would be about this. I think I need sleep.

keyboardlover

03 Feb 2011, 13:08

Keyboard looks ok...I'll take the girl :P

iMav

03 Feb 2011, 15:16

I think these are on back order till March. (at least that is what obook told me)

BTW, that is not a girl.

Brian8bit

03 Feb 2011, 15:25

I still would just to say I had.

keyboardlover

03 Feb 2011, 15:40

Wow! Definitely fooled me.
Do not want anymore!

kidchunks

03 Feb 2011, 17:17

What a shame...Such trickery in the world! :cry:

sixty
Gasbag Guru

03 Feb 2011, 17:30

Kinda doubt that "the girl" in the pics is Kayo though, "she" is some very well known Japanese model and I doubt KBC could afford "her". :?

keyboardlover

03 Feb 2011, 19:17

Still...want...I think?

Minskleip

03 Feb 2011, 19:30

This is so weird :shock: Where did the wiener go?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

03 Feb 2011, 19:33

Minskleip wrote:This is so weird :shock: Where did the wiener go?
Where the sun doesn't shine? Image

itlnstln

03 Feb 2011, 20:00

sixty wrote:
Minskleip wrote:This is so weird :shock: Where did the wiener go?
Where the sun doesn't shine? Image
Sounds like he/she/it has a loopback connector problem.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

03 Feb 2011, 20:05

To get the idea of this guy/girl/whatever out of our heads:

The keyboard may or may not have shipped by now. Sadly did hear back from the KBC guys yet in terms of shipping our samples. Oh the tease!

itlnstln

03 Feb 2011, 20:33

Any word on the next batch? I am definitely interested in getting one of these.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

03 Feb 2011, 20:34

From what I heard it will be a few months till the next batch. This first batch seems to be aimed mainly to generate hype, and give collectors something to hunt for. The first batch has some limited keys as extras.

laden3

04 Feb 2011, 04:33

The first batch has an ABS case with a red logo plate. The keys are probably the same.
I think we need to wait till 10th/11th of February until they start shipping if the person who promised you the sample is from Beijing, they are celebrating Chinese New Year right now. Still waiting for them to ship mine...sigh...

keyboardlover

04 Feb 2011, 05:04

With that body I've concluded that it MUST be a girl.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Feb 2011, 18:14

laden3 wrote:The first batch has an ABS case with a red logo plate. The keys are probably the same.
I think we need to wait till 10th/11th of February until they start shipping if the person who promised you the sample is from Beijing, they are celebrating Chinese New Year right now. Still waiting for them to ship mine...sigh...
I think the keys are different because of their limited supply. This first batch has a different key for ESC. For example the blue ones have a rare teal colored one (which is a Cherry production mistake afaik) and the black one has a Cherry red for ESC.

As for red logo plate... you mean the logo plate under the keyboard? Our samples won't have any plate it seems:
P1000864.JPG
P1000864.JPG (271.5 KiB) Viewed 9380 times
Still no news on the whereabouts of this, so I think you are most likely right and it is being delayed due to Chinese New Year. We have some more events coming soon to bridge the waiting time though. A giveaway and more is in the works :)

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Feb 2011, 18:27

He told me there are no brand labels on the samples when he showed me that picture.

ynih

05 Feb 2011, 09:02

Hang on....what switch is this? I've read this thread twice and I didn't see any note of what switches they are using!

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 09:13

Available in the usual variants. Black, Brown and Blue.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Feb 2011, 20:52

Chinese New Year is over and stuff should start moving again. I hope the samples finally manage to leave Asia this week.
My tongue is getting sore, having it hang out casually all the time.

Return to “Keyboards”