KBC Poker aka "KBC 60%" aka "KBC 40%"

Nikki_Case

10 Mar 2011, 12:08

This might be a bit too radical layout for me, but if it came in ISO, I might be interested.

NewGuy

10 Mar 2011, 12:28

IanM wrote:The Noppoo Choc Mini is another really nice layout, at least it's possible to email Noppoo directly via their website - which I have done, asking about ISO and the German language placeholder button on their frontpage. Maybe a clue that they are planning more sales in the EU?
I think they probably have the best physical layout of any of these small keyboards. They aren't the smallest, but they are the best balance between size and functionality I feel.

That said, I don't like their second layer of keys at all, I don't believe they offer them with Red switches (what I'm looking for now) and they are not compatible with Macs which is an issue for me. (and whatever they're doing that makes them incompatible with Macs seems like it's a bad idea regardless)
Last edited by NewGuy on 10 Mar 2011, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

Nikki_Case

10 Mar 2011, 12:58

It's the NKRO with USB that makes it not work in Mac OS X. I'd like to suspect that this is actually due to bad engineering of the operating system, and not bad engineering of the keyboard.

db_Iodine

10 Mar 2011, 14:33

NewGuy: that quote is fked. It should be IanM:s quote inside of mine, not the other way around. That's all IanM's text in there.

NewGuy

10 Mar 2011, 16:31

db_Iodine wrote:NewGuy: that quote is fked. It should be IanM:s quote inside of mine, not the other way around. That's all IanM's text in there.
My apologies. I must have missed those extra quote tags at the top.

db_Iodine

10 Mar 2011, 20:26

That's quite all right.

IanM: If KBC really follows these topics here and on geekhack, then I guess it's the right place to complain about layout and make suggestions for improvement. Especially when You'd have to know at least a little Chinese to be able to participate in any discussion on the KBC forums. I just didn't know the guys from KBC have links to these topics.

It might not be a bad idea to get an interest check on an ISO layout Poker to see if there is enough interest for KBC to even think about making it.

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Mar 2011, 20:44

yellowFreak

13 Mar 2011, 15:06

db_Iodine wrote:It might not be a bad idea to get an interest check on an ISO layout Poker to see if there is enough interest for KBC to even think about making it.
same here.. interested in ISO layout as well! we are very limited of options here in EU :S

Sugoi

19 Mar 2011, 10:23

Hoping for an ISO layout as well.

Dang, we Europeans have it most difficult getting proper typing equipment. x___X

runeazn

20 Mar 2011, 01:20

I am fine with ANSI,,
I am fine with anything let it be ISO or ANSI or Jap

Ekaros

20 Mar 2011, 01:30

I would buy atleast one, maybe two ;D If it was ISO... Or iso-ansi hybrid...

Brian8bit

20 Mar 2011, 01:40

What exactly are they saying? I can't read moon runes :(

db_Iodine

20 Mar 2011, 11:14

yellowFreak wrote:
db_Iodine wrote:It might not be a bad idea to get an interest check on an ISO layout Poker to see if there is enough interest for KBC to even think about making it.
same here.. interested in ISO layout as well! we are very limited of options here in EU :S
I really love my ANSI layout keyboards, and wouldn't move back to ISO. I was just trying to say that you should make a separate topic to see just how many people are really interested in the ISO layout. Nothing is going to happen regarding that if you guys just post here or in the Poker order thread that you would be interested in ISO.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Mar 2011, 12:54

Still waiting on reply from the Poker guys to see if ISO is doable. Once I get a yes back from them I'm gonna make a topic to discuss it further. We also will need to decide where to move the FN key.

Nask

20 Mar 2011, 14:16

sixty wrote:Still waiting on reply from the Poker guys to see if ISO is doable. Once I get a yes back from them I'm gonna make a topic to discuss it further. We also will need to decide where to move the FN key.
I've already asked for an ISO keyboard, since Webwit has been contacted by the KBC Poker guy.
He replied me and it'll depends on the MOQ and the price.
BTW making an ISO layout could be interesting.
Something like that :
- Making an ISO layout
+ Sell keysets for KBC Poker in different languages.

I wanted to contact you sixty about that but I've a little bit forget ;P

P.S: If you need help for anything, please let me know. It'll be an "honor" to help you.

Swede

20 Mar 2011, 15:16

Put me on the list for the ISO keyboard, but guessing you guys will make a new thread to get more accurate numbers on how many would want to have one.

guilleguillaume

20 Mar 2011, 17:44

Like I said if there's the chance to get ISO Poker I'm totally in for one even two just to reach the MOQ.

Meanwhile I will have to go with the ANSI from the European group buy.

British

21 Mar 2011, 11:39

I, for one, have interest in an ISO keyboard only for the keys.
I don't touch-type, and I like to see what's on the keys, moreso when it's a layout I'm not used to, and even more moreso when said layout is using a shitload of modifiers due to its reduced number of keys.
Also, I grew accustomed to ANSI enter key... so, ANSI layout + ISO keyset = win :roll:

sixty
Gasbag Guru

21 Mar 2011, 17:04

British wrote:I, for one, have interest in an ISO keyboard only for the keys.
I don't touch-type, and I like to see what's on the keys, moreso when it's a layout I'm not used to, and even more moreso when said layout is using a shitload of modifiers due to its reduced number of keys.
Also, I grew accustomed to ANSI enter key... so, ANSI layout + ISO keyset = win :roll:
You will be happy to know that the Poker fits pretty much every modern keycap set, including the ones on geekhack mass order 3... if they happen that is :lol:

Swede

21 Mar 2011, 17:11

sixty wrote:
You will be happy to know that the Poker fits pretty much every modern keycap set, including the ones on geekhack mass order 3... if they happen that is :lol:
You mean that you can ad a key on the Poker, so that ISO is possible with a bit of soldering? Or am i just thinking stuff up?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

21 Mar 2011, 17:13

Swede wrote:
sixty wrote:
You mean that you can ad a key on the Poker, so that ISO is possible with a bit of soldering? Or am i just thinking stuff up?
Nope, I meant that you can put iso keys on it fine, if you just need the legends. There is no easy way to add the extra keys at the moment.

British

22 Mar 2011, 13:29

sixty wrote:
Well, I already do know that, but even though I already asked 7bit if it was possible for SP to print stuff on a side of a key (no double-shot needed there), I am yet to get an answer.
And TBH, regular keys (read: with only writings on top) won't be of any good for me on such a keyboard.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

22 Mar 2011, 21:10

Its possible with pad printing, its very expensive though.

haiiyaa

07 Sep 2011, 15:44

I registered here only to say I would be very interested in a kbc poker with ISO Layout as I would be missing 1key with the ANSI layout

maoiste

09 Dec 2011, 23:32

Already owning one noppoo choc mini ANSI but no poker i decided to wait for either one to release a ISO version.

Hurry up!

+1 ISO poker

rich0d

10 Dec 2011, 22:49

I'd totally go for an ISO layout one - I'm happy using my g80-1800 at work (having ANSI layout makes being a windows sys admin hard if you try to use enGB, and pisses people off if you use enUS :p), but I'd like to have a choice of switches as opposed to blacks, or paying £60 for a G80-3000 with noisey blues, or £100+ for a Filco. :/

GeorgeStorm

11 Dec 2011, 08:55

I'd be happy with either an ISO or ANSI layout one, since my Ducky is ANSI, so I guess I'll get used to it soon enough :P

gropingmantis

04 Jan 2012, 18:51

Definitely +1 on the ISO Poker. Do it with Reds and I will pay good money for it.

Return to “Keyboards”