Post the ugliest keyboards you've seen!

User101

23 Aug 2019, 11:28

snacksthecat wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 00:43
I secretly kind of like this one.

Actually saw and tried one in China. It feels like shit(especially the space bar). Comes in a box with paper shavings quite nice packaging. Case and spacebar both very glossy, definitely NOT durable. I think it's a showpiece more than anything...

Erderm_

15 Mar 2020, 05:08

JP! wrote:
08 May 2019, 16:45
s-l1600.jpg
Lol this was mine. First time wrapping so you got me there.

I will defend that it looked pretty good with the different grey/black caps I had on it. >:]

Reimu64

16 Mar 2020, 13:25

User101 wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 11:28
snacksthecat wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 00:43
I secretly kind of like this one.

Actually saw and tried one in China. It feels like shit(especially the space bar). Comes in a box with paper shavings quite nice packaging. Case and spacebar both very glossy, definitely NOT durable. I think it's a showpiece more than anything...
Is it RGB? Because some of those legends are nearly impossible to see! They should've made them bigger at least.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

19 Mar 2020, 23:03

I actually got sent a sample of one of those when they first started producing them and they were okay for what they are but the key shape made it really difficult to type on. On the plus side it was backlit and bluetooth which is pretty nice. Mine was just white keys with a teal case though, so much less of an eyesore in my opinion.

AJM

21 Mar 2020, 15:57

I think the key shape is not the main problem. If you hit the keys in the middle, it doesn't really matter, if there are corners or not. But the big problem for touch typists is, that the offset between row 2 and 3 is wrong (0.5u instead of 0.25). So you would have to relearn the number and "qwerty" row.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

21 Mar 2020, 16:16

Well you also can't really tell from the photos but the keys are smaller than 1U, they are probably something like 0.85U which really throws me off as a touch typist. Plus I use the edges of the keys to figure out where I am in terms of board so having rounded keys like that is even worse.

AJM

21 Mar 2020, 17:32

Ah, ok. That's the final straw to make it quite unfit to be used for something other than decorating a makeup stand. :D

Return to “Keyboards”