i need to buy keyboard but i dont now which is better

Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Or
Alienware pro gaming AW768

Kinda need the macros.
Thanks!

Darkshado

18 Jun 2018, 05:52

I'd take the Corsair over the Alienware given the former uses genuine Cherry switches while there's no specific mention of the manufacturer for Alienware.

If you *really* want macros, however... Look at Tipro boards, a Model M 122, Model F 122, or just a separate macropad with whatever other keyboard you please.

Elrick

18 Jun 2018, 06:40

Omriksi wrote: Hi!

Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Or

Kinda need the macros.
Thanks!
Wouldn't this question be better answered on Geekflap, instead of here?

This place is for serious keyboard users that concentrate upon other keyboard switches, besides the Cherry MX monstrosity.

Although you would do better to buy a keyboard with Macros, then de-solder their horrid switches and replace them all with BOX Jades or Navy switches made by Kailh.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Jun 2018, 09:12

Elrick wrote: […] This place is for serious keyboard users that concentrate upon other keyboard switches, besides the Cherry MX monstrosity.

Although you would do better to buy a keyboard with Macros, then de-solder their horrid switches and replace them all with BOX Jades or Navy switches made by Kailh.
I always wonder why some are so keen on bashing Cherry MX switches.
"monstrosity", "horrid switches" - reminds me of tweets by… ahem… isn't that slamming just for the sake of slamming?

Iggy

18 Jun 2018, 09:20

kbdfr wrote: I always wonder why some are so keen on bashing Cherry MX switches.
"monstrosity", "horrid switches" - reminds me of tweets by… ahem… isn't that slamming just for the sake of slamming?
Pretty much, yes.

andrewjoy

18 Jun 2018, 12:18

K70

I would stay away from anything alienware.

But i think you would be better off with a filco

ray4jc

19 Jun 2018, 17:49

Elrick wrote:
Omriksi wrote: Hi!

Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Or

Kinda need the macros.
Thanks!
Wouldn't this question be better answered on Geekflap, instead of here?

This place is for serious keyboard users that concentrate upon other keyboard switches, besides the Cherry MX monstrosity.

Geekflap misses Elrick :(

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

samuelcable

19 Jun 2018, 18:13

kbdfr wrote:
Elrick wrote: […] This place is for serious keyboard users that concentrate upon other keyboard switches, besides the Cherry MX monstrosity.

I always wonder why some are so keen on bashing Cherry MX switches.
and yet they shill the cheaply made clones instead

Return to “Keyboards”