Beamspring Registry

Brett MacK

17 Jun 2018, 02:21

I have always thought it would be a cool idea if there was a public database where you can document beamspring keyboards, and possibly other extremely rare keyboards. It would be a really interesting way we could get a better scale for how many of these keyboards are out there. At the same time comparing conditions and different variations of models. This database would be way more informative than just the short blurbs out there, because you can see all the variants that are documented.

I wanted to see what you guys thought was the best way for me to try and start this up. Should I make a page in the wiki with big tables for each different model. In these tables there would be a spot for pictures, another column for information about each individual keyboard. Is this the best way to do that, or would there be an easier process on a different platform?

xueyao

17 Jun 2018, 04:32

I think it'll be easier to just expand upon deskthority's wiki page. There isn't too many variants anyways and the wiki covers about 70% of the known variants. It's just not updated frequently enough. It'll be really cool to add a owner's table though and track who owns which beamer since there are so few left in the wild haha.

clickboyclick

17 Jun 2018, 09:53

sure man go for it

codemonkeymike

17 Jun 2018, 12:48

The difficulty is figuring out how to organize. I am not sure if the wiki is well organized now, but I can think of a few ways to organize and the most logical one is what system they went to. That being said there is not a whole load of information on some more obscure IBM systems.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

17 Jun 2018, 20:31

Wiki would make sense. I can give space on my site www.keyboards.es but then I feel that information would become more fragmented than it already is.

JP!

20 Jun 2018, 06:34

Google sheets, advertise on all of the communities.

Return to “Keyboards”