So shiny! I can has?

eekee

05 Jul 2018, 10:14

My apologies for reposting something from the ugliest keyboards thread, :lol: but I'd love to know what the outer keycaps are, (the round ones,) if they're available anywhere, if they take paper labels, and if they fit Cherry. There was no info in the original post.
samuelcable wrote: Image

kbdfr
The Tiproman

05 Jul 2018, 11:57

green-squid

05 Jul 2018, 12:11

Yeah, these Typewriter retro caps are a dime a dozen, and I'll admit they are pretty cool. But that font looks nothing like any typewriter's font.

eekee

05 Jul 2018, 13:37

Oh they fall under typewriter retro? Makes sense now. :) Thanks guys.

samuelcable

05 Jul 2018, 13:46

there's a reason why we moved past those circular keys on typewriters, they are very uncomfortable and the type area gets annoying

kbdfr
The Tiproman

05 Jul 2018, 14:59

samuelcable wrote: there's a reason why we moved past those circular keys on typewriters, they are very uncomfortable and the type area gets annoying
I don't quite see a difference in comfort compared to SA keycaps, which also have a sort of cavity on top and all have the exact same shape with no slope.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

05 Jul 2018, 15:21

I have a "typewriter-esque" keyboard that Lofree sent me and I can't stand the caps. They are way to small for someone with giant hands/fingers like mine.

savantstrike

05 Jul 2018, 17:40

Blaise170 wrote:I have a "typewriter-esque" keyboard that Lofree sent me and I can't stand the caps. They are way to small for someone with giant hands/fingers like mine.
I think for the full experience one needs to use typewriter keycaps with heavy 80+g switches, then be thankful that mechanical typewriters are dead.

AMongoose

05 Jul 2018, 17:44

Or remap backspace to be left arrow :roll:

Return to “Keyboards”