NEC APC-H412 Issues

TheInverseKey

10 Jul 2018, 12:22

Hi,

I just got a NEC APC-H412 and it seems when using a ps2 to usb converter the keyboard like to not send the return code after the key has been pressed sometimes also when it is plugged into the ps2 port in the back of the computer it doen't do anything.

Any help would be amazing.

Happy Idiot Talk

10 Jul 2018, 12:51

wiki/NEC_APC-H412#Adapting_to_USB

Reportedly, active adapters don't work well with it.

Elrick

10 Jul 2018, 13:27

Happy Idiot Talk wrote: wiki/NEC_APC-H412#Adapting_to_USB

Reportedly, active adapters don't work well with it.
Yep, the H412 is extremely picky about adapters because so many were made sub par, hence the trouble in finding one that works 100% with this style of Keyboard.

Have one adapter that works fine with it but it's an older model, made during the late 1980's and is no longer available via Flebay.

samuelcable

10 Jul 2018, 13:28

TheInverseKey wrote: Hi,

I just got a NEC APC-H412 and it seems when using a ps2 to usb converter the keyboard like to not send the return code after the key has been pressed sometimes also when it is plugged into the ps2 port in the back of the computer it doen't do anything.

HI I'm sorry for not sending my adapter when I sold it to you, but people here are right it's picky about what adapter it uses.

TheInverseKey

10 Jul 2018, 16:18

samuelcable wrote:
TheInverseKey wrote: Hi,

HI I'm sorry for not sending my adapter when I sold it to you, but people here are right it's picky about what adapter it uses.

Thanks for letting me that it is picky I thought I was loosing my mind. I will be on the hunt then for the right adapter then.

Thanks

ScottPaladin

10 Jul 2018, 19:53

I'd recommend a soarer's converter. None of the APC-H41X's that have passed through my hands have given me trouble with a soarer's on them (either home made or Orihalcon's). It's a bit more trouble and expense, but worth it.

TheInverseKey

12 Jul 2018, 19:06

Hi All,

Ok I just wanted to close out this thread with the solution that I found works on the cheap. I got the following adapter.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00006 ... UTF8&psc=1

I know that this thing is not rated high but it worked right out of the box and no issues so far.

Thanks to everyone here for the help.

Return to “Keyboards”