Best or closest to Topre clone?

Big Bricced

21 Jul 2018, 08:14

As the title says... I am looking for a decent TKL 45g topre clone keyboard that feels the closest to Topre and is superb.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

21 Jul 2018, 17:28

Big Bricced wrote: As the title says... I am looking for a decent TKL 45g topre clone keyboard that feels the closest to Topre and is superb.
Is price the main reason you're not considering a TKL realforce?

TheInverseKey

21 Jul 2018, 17:40

//gainsborough wrote:
Big Bricced wrote: As the title says... I am looking for a decent TKL 45g topre clone keyboard that feels the closest to Topre and is superb.
Probably money I have tried plums boards before and they are quite cheap and feel pretty decent

zslane

21 Jul 2018, 18:43

Now that the NovaTouch is gone, the only "superb" Topre-based TKL is the Realforce 87U. Plums are acceptable, but by no means in the same league as genuine Topres when it comes to build quality.

Elrick

22 Jul 2018, 03:13

zslane wrote: Now that the NovaTouch is gone, the only "superb" Topre-based TKL is the Realforce 87U.
100% CORRECT.

If you want to indulge in the "Thorpie" World then there is no other perfect example than a Realforce Product.

Still made in Japan and they are as close to perfection than any other example using thorpie-like switches.

Big Bricced

22 Jul 2018, 04:51

//gainsborough wrote:
Kinda, but the main reasons I am looking for a clone is because Topre does not make 45G TKL models and no software/programmability.

22 Jul 2018, 05:58

Big Bricced wrote:
//gainsborough wrote:
Kinda, but the main reasons I am looking for a clone is because Topre does not make 45G TKL models and no software/programmability.
Topre make 45g TKL models.

ANSI:
SE05D0
SE0900
SE1900
SE19E0

ISO:
YA21B0
YA31B0
YA41B0
YA51B0
YA6100
YA7100

JIS:
NG02B0
NG02Y0

and that's not including any that have been swapped manually, or the PFU limited edition which came out a few weeks ago.

Return to “Keyboards”