Scancodes to the odd keys on the Honeywell/Bull T.I.60164180-001 Rev.J

Red_October

22 Jul 2018, 02:58

So in diagnosing my Soarer's Converter/Model F, I drug out and used my Honeywell/Bull keyboard, which is an XT protocol unit with a whole shitload of extra, weird keys, most of which are unlabeled. I hooked it up through the converter, loaded up HID_listen.exe and made a note of what came out on the weird keys. Here's what I found, including a few keys that did not behave as labeled and some notes:

Honeywell Keyboard HID codes and keystrokes

Wide blank key to the left of F1: BE "Reserved"
Blank key to the left of Shift: E2 left Alt
F11: 64 "Europe 2"
F12: 44 "F11" (For fuck's sake)
Blank Wide key to the right of F12: 45 F12 (Really?)
Leftmost blank key top row over nav cluster: B8 "Reserved"
Center " " " " " " ": B9 "Reserved"
Rightmost " " " " " " ": BA "Reserved"
1st Blank Key over Numpad: 55 Keypad splat "*"
2nd " " " ": 53 NumLock
3rd " " " ": 47 Scroll Lock
4th " " " ": Alternates between B6 "Reserved" and 70 F21 (Wut?)
Blank Key Left of Spacebar: "Keyboard International 6" (PC9800 keypad ",")
Blank Key Right of Spacebar: B7 "Reserved"
Escape: 35 Backtick/Tilde
Blank Key to the right of square brackets: 67 Keypad =
Blank Key one more to the right of above: B0 "Reserved"
Blank Key to the right of Shift: C2 "Reserved"
Blank Key one more to the right of above: B2 "Reserved"
Leftmost Blank Key directly over nav cluster: BB "Reserved"
Center " " " " " ": BC "Reserved"
Rightmost " " " " " ": BD "Reserved"
Insert: 68 F13
eop Erase eof: 69 F14
Delete: 6A F15
Up Arrow: 6B F16
Left Arrow: 6C F17
Home: 6D F18
Right Arrow: 6E F19
Down Arrow: 6F F20
Reset: 71 F22
Backtab: 72 F23
Line Feed: C1 "Reserved"
Xmit: 88 "Keyboard International 2" Katakana/Hiragana
Numpad Tab: B1 "Reserved"
Numpad Carriage Return: B3 "Reserved"
Numpad ,: "Keyboard International 1" (Ro)

Also note that the "Caps Lock" key to the left of "A" is in fact your control key, but this is such a common substitution that I didn't feel that documenting its code changes was needed. What really puzzles me is what to do with these "reserved" keys, can the programming be made to use them, or are they forever "reserved" for something that probably will never come? According to the HID spec I downloaded from Microsoft themselves, the whole block from A5 through DF is Reserved. Oh, and the Keyboard's Backtick/Tilde key is, of course, Escape.

orihalcon

22 Jul 2018, 05:02

You are in luck. All you have to do is cross reference the scan codes that you got in HID listen with what they are called in Soarer's documentation. For example:

Numpad Carriage Return: B3 "Reserved"

Scan code is B3 --> Check Soarer's Scan Code Chart which shows:

EXTRA_RALT 0xB3

The scan code is what comes after the "0x", so that is how I knew to pull that line from the code chart. So when you go to remap that, you just refer to it as "EXTRA_RALT" and forget about the B3.

So your remapping file would include this line if you wanted to make that pad enter:

remapblock
EXTRA_RALT PAD_ENTER
endblock

You can stick all of your remappings in any order between the "remapblock" and "endblock"

This is all explained in my simplified Soarer's Converter instructions that I wrote if you want to know more about the other features besides remapping:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljooth6e5hhzy ... s.txt?dl=0

orihalcon

22 Jul 2018, 05:39

...Also, for that key that alternates scan codes, just remap them both to what you want that key to be and the alternating won't matter.

Red_October

22 Jul 2018, 05:50

orihalcon wrote: ...Also, for that key that alternates scan codes, just remap them both to what you want that key to be and the alternating won't matter.
Thanks dude! Good thinking on this bit in particular!

Return to “Keyboards”