What was that thing again?

Chyros

26 Jul 2018, 15:43

There was this eBay thing a while ago of an absolutely bizarre keyboard, but I can't recall what it was called and I can't find it back. It was some kind of hellish contraption with a bunch of small keyboards on stalks of different heights. It looked unbelievable xD . Anyone remember that?

Also, does anyone have a first-generation Das Keyboard that they wouldn't mind letting go of? I need one for a video xD .

Last edited by Chyros on 27 Jul 2018, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

andrewjoy

26 Jul 2018, 15:44

Not sure can you draw a picture in paint ?

By first gen DAS you mean the rubber dome model M lookalike right ?

Chyros

26 Jul 2018, 16:05

I'm not sure I'll be able to draw an accurate picture but I'll give it a try when I get home.

As for the Das, yes, that one.

Tha_Pig

26 Jul 2018, 23:43

Chyros wrote: There was this eBay thing a while ago of an absolutely bizarre keyboard, but I can't recall what it was called and I can't find it back. It was some kind of hellish contraption with a bunch of small keyboards on stalks of different heights. It looked unbelievable xD . Anyone remember that?

Also, does anyone have a first-generation Das Keyboard that they wouldn't mind letting go of? I need one for a video xD .
Was it a vintage kind of keyboard, or something new?

Chyros

27 Jul 2018, 00:08

Tha_Pig wrote:
Chyros wrote: There was this eBay thing a while ago of an absolutely bizarre keyboard, but I can't recall what it was called and I can't find it back. It was some kind of hellish contraption with a bunch of small keyboards on stalks of different heights. It looked unbelievable xD . Anyone remember that?

Was it a vintage kind of keyboard, or something new?
It was something old-looking, completely beige as I recall. Something along the lines of this:

Tha_Pig

27 Jul 2018, 00:21

That looks like an ErgoMagic keyboard. The one I found has only three panels instead of four, but they seem to have made different configurations.

https://www.fentek-ind.com/Comfort-keyboard.htm

Chyros

27 Jul 2018, 11:06

Eh, it could be that, but as I recall the keyboard bits were on actual stalks or something of the like. It was completely ridiculous xD .

Elrick

27 Jul 2018, 11:16

Chyros wrote: Eh, it could be that, but as I recall the keyboard bits were on actual stalks or something of the like. It was completely ridiculous xD .
Actually liked your drawing far more ;) .

Wouldn't mind buying it if such a Keyboard is available, just to put it on a Wall in the Lounge and amaze my minions.

MafiaButter

27 Jul 2018, 20:44

I mean, there's this: http://www.comfortkeyboard.com/keyboards_comfort.html which is related to the above. That's the closest thing I can think of though lol. There really are some weird ergo keyboards.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

27 Jul 2018, 20:52

MafiaButter wrote: There really are some weird ergo keyboards.
Like this one?
Spoiler:

MafiaButter

27 Jul 2018, 20:56

snuci wrote:
Like this one?
Spoiler:
Yup. Because using f**king mirrors to type is is the more intuitive option :D

Red_October

29 Jul 2018, 10:42

MafiaButter wrote:
snuci wrote:
Like this one?
Spoiler:
Yup. Because using f**king mirrors to type is is the more intuitive option :D
Oh gods... those keys in the middle! I hope that's all shit that you almost never use, caps lock, system request, pause, that sort of thing, because the therbligs of that operation causes large mounds of earth to form over the graves of the Gilbreths, from the speed at which they rotate...

Return to “Keyboards”