I almost got a Northgate Omnikey Ultra

cineraphael

22 Feb 2019, 17:52

https://imgur.com/a/vxojQfn

Grrrrrrr! It look like someone else win my favorite keyboard with "Best Offer" Button: A Northgate Omnikey Ultra! Even Though It not a Gold Label, They are still the best. For this Ebay's bid I would only have to pay $25 + 25 shipping which would be the best deal ever. I usually Bid in a Last 10 minute or even last 1 minute because other bidder would not be able to catch up with the bid that fast!

Yes, there are still more Omnikey for sale on ebay but all of them go for $100+!

---- I still get a SIIG Suntouch for $10 with White Alps Though. I still would think the construciton quality wouldn't be as good as the Omnikey!

Update: I don't Win a SIIG Suntouch Either!
Last edited by cineraphael on 23 Feb 2019, 01:00, edited 5 times in total.

Myoth

22 Feb 2019, 17:55

did you put a single bid ... ?

cineraphael

22 Feb 2019, 17:56

Myoth wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 17:55
did you put a single bid ... ?
I would be putting a bid for a last 10 minute of the bid but, this guy got his best offer accepted and it made the bid ended early. I don't see why the Best Offer Button should be exist in the Auction.
Last edited by cineraphael on 22 Feb 2019, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

22 Feb 2019, 18:00

Ha, GametheoryBay at its best!

What a shitty system. Early bids are usually to be sneered at, but in this case it might have helped the seller’s confidence.

cineraphael

22 Feb 2019, 18:24

Muirium wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 18:00
Ha, GametheoryBay at its best!

What a shitty system. Early bids are usually to be sneered at, but in this case it might have helped the seller’s confidence.
Agreed.

Saltarello

22 Feb 2019, 18:51

I had my eye on that item. I was going to put in an offer on Wednesday night but other things came up.

What I don''t get is: did it actually go for $25?! Or is that just the weirdness of the eBay UI. I have never used eBay much and I don't know the ins and outs of it.

I do know that the seller was experienced and there is no way he would be ignorant of this board's true value.

fohat
Elder Messenger

22 Feb 2019, 21:13

I have used ebay for 20 years and I don't think that I have ever seen "Best Offer" on an auction.

cineraphael

23 Feb 2019, 01:00

I guess I'm just going to wait for a Great Deal on a Deskthority Here!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

23 Feb 2019, 02:10

pro tip: if you put a bid in on an item that also has a "best offer" option, it removes the "best offer" option.

fohat
Elder Messenger

23 Feb 2019, 02:50

//gainsborough wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 02:10
pro tip: if you put a bid in on an item that also has a "best offer" option, it removes the "best offer" option.
So that is what you see on an auction before the first bid comes in?

Most of my ebay searches nowadays are for "Buy-It-Now" only, I guess that I am impatient.

zrrion

23 Feb 2019, 03:11

Its always weird that a bid that is smaller than an offer removes the best offer option especially since a seller gets a few days to accept/decline an offer and a bid in that time will still override it. I've been lucky and have been able to work it out with sellers to do things like bid what I offered and they would close the auction early.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

23 Feb 2019, 03:22

It’s not too weird TBH - if someone offers $100 they will probably bid up to $100 too. It’s usually in the sellers best interest to let things go to auction. Though, now that I think more about it, maybe I confused the BIN option together with an auction where the BIN option goes away.... we need to find a listing to test it!

fohat
Elder Messenger

23 Feb 2019, 03:27

Oh! Now I understand.

It has been years since I used "Buy-It-Now" in conjunction with an auction listing. I always use "Fixed Price" or straight auction but never that hybrid. I got burned on it early in my selling career when I set the starting price too low and didn't get intermediate bids and consequently took a sale price that was not enough.

You are talking about a buyer making an offer that is larger than the starting bid but less than the BIN price and the seller accepting it.

Return to “Keyboards”