tapwithus "keyboard"

__red__

01 May 2019, 02:51

Since we're seeing people getting 60+wpm we can't call it a gimmick.

Anyone played with one of these?

I don't see it replacing my F-122 any time soon, but an input for my phone it may become?

https://www.tapwithus.com

Excelso

01 May 2019, 13:27

That 60 wpm with this device seems pretty difficult. It's a tap for each letter so we are talking about 250 "precise" taps in a minute.

andrewjoy

01 May 2019, 18:25

Yeh I call bullshit on 60wpm on that. I would say it would be possible if you had two of them , one for each hand.

User avatar
AJM

01 May 2019, 19:12

Excelso wrote:
01 May 2019, 13:27
That 60 wpm with this device seems pretty difficult. It's a tap for each letter so we are talking about 250 "precise" taps in a minute.
I would guess you need a lot more taps than one for each letter. How else would you type 26 diffent letters + numbers and special characters with only 5 fingers?
I didn't invest that much time in my seach, but I couldn't find the information, how it actually works! This website is all about pretty pictures and "Buy now" buttons, but not so much about information.

Excelso

01 May 2019, 21:20

AJM wrote:
01 May 2019, 19:12
Excelso wrote:
01 May 2019, 13:27
That 60 wpm with this device seems pretty difficult. It's a tap for each letter so we are talking about 250 "precise" taps in a minute.
I would guess you need a lot more taps than one for each letter. How else would you type 26 diffent letters + numbers and special characters with only 5 fingers?
I didn't invest that much time in my seach, but I couldn't find the information, how it actually works! This website is all about pretty pictures and "Buy now" buttons, but not so much about information.
In the demos they do that. It seems it's a positional system tapping some fingers at the same time each time. So that 1 tap with the thumb and the index is a different character than the thumb, the index and the ring finger.

__red__

02 May 2019, 06:51

Right - it's a chording keyboard.

Here's a video of someone doing 62wpm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8X4JTBrew

Excelso

02 May 2019, 15:35

__red__ wrote:
02 May 2019, 06:51
Right - it's a chording keyboard.

Here's a video of someone doing 62wpm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8X4JTBrew
As I supposed, a third of the "words" counted are 1-3 characters long. I doubt than a third of words used in "real world usage are this long.

__red__

02 May 2019, 17:03

You may read that the moon has something to do with eclipses. I have never seen the moon yet. You do not see the moon. So near the sun, it is as completely inv

The definition of word is "average length of a word in characters including spaces, numbers, and other printable characters".

So that's 162 Characters in 30 seconds.

(162*2)/5 = 64.8wpm
Last edited by __red__ on 02 May 2019, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

__red__

02 May 2019, 17:17

You're not going to convince me I've made a bad investment today~! I'm way too excited for it to arrive.

I'll keep a log of my progress for the haters ;-) <3

__red__

03 May 2019, 19:55

Day 1.
3 hours total broken into a few sessions. I have all letters, numbers, and many symbols mostly° memorized.

°I say mostly because every so often my brain will <space> on a character and stop my flow.

I would estimate that when on a roll I'm at about 8 wpm.

User avatar
ZedTheMan

03 May 2019, 20:28

__red__ wrote:
03 May 2019, 19:55
Day 1.
3 hours total broken into a few sessions. I have all letters, numbers, and many symbols mostly° memorized.

°I say mostly because every so often my brain will <space> on a character and stop my flow.

I would estimate that when on a roll I'm at about 8 wpm.
Amazing! Soon you may even hit double digits!

__red__

09 May 2019, 23:47

Day 4, 19wpm

User avatar
Sup

09 May 2019, 23:54

so why would anyone want to have this?

User avatar
ZedTheMan

10 May 2019, 01:59

So they can prove that they are the best with a highly obscure word input device.

User avatar
AJM

10 May 2019, 12:34

__red__ wrote:
09 May 2019, 23:47
Day 4, 19wpm
Although I'm not very intrigued by the device, I'm still interested in your progress, so please don't be discouraged from posting updates.

__red__

10 May 2019, 22:38

Sup wrote:
09 May 2019, 23:54
so why would anyone want to have this?
Mobile data entry.

I got RSI in my thumb so I'm banned from phone keyboards.

Charlotte27

20 May 2019, 13:05

Here's a video of someone doing 62wpm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8X4JTBrew/dqfanfeedback

Right - it's a chording keyboard.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”