IBM pingmaster and bluetooth interference

cloudhax

27 May 2019, 12:31

my pingmaster board interferes with bluetooth, for example if my apple magic trackpad is within 6 inches of the board the cursor lags and skips badly and if you hold the trackpad directly over the keyboard it loses bluetooth connection entirely.

is there any reason for concern or easy fix?

Lbibass

28 May 2019, 02:02

You could try putting an EMI shield on top of the controller. Some thin foil or something could work. But try and prevent it from shorting out the components!

cloudhax

02 Jun 2019, 15:02

Lbibass wrote:
28 May 2019, 02:02
You could try putting an EMI shield on top of the controller. Some thin foil or something could work. But try and prevent it from shorting out the components!
thanks, if I get the guts to try opening this thing and poking around I'll give that a try. Should I be worried this thing is frying my brain? Do I need a tinfoil hat? Thanks :?

cloudhax

02 Jun 2019, 15:18

Also have you ever stuck your face down in a pingmaster and taken a good whiff? Smells of pure burning plastic. That's gotta be toxic right? (smells fantastic btw)

Wazrach

02 Jun 2019, 15:22

cloudhax wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 15:18
Also have you ever stuck your face down in a pingmaster and taken a good whiff? Smells of pure burning plastic. That's gotta be toxic right? (smells fantastic btw)
I love the smell of the Pingmaster. It just hits you when you take it out of the antistatic bag for the first time.

Anakey

02 Jun 2019, 16:21

the smell is from a lot of excess flux on the pcb i don't know why they secided to bathe it in flux but that seems to be what they have done

Return to “Keyboards”