Hyper 7 Keycaps

zanneth

15 Jul 2019, 03:26

I came across a PCB kit for the Hyper 7 Keyboard (more details in the original post here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18258&p=400049&hili ... +7#p400049).

I already have the PCB, the switches I want to use, a stainless steel switch holder frame, and I am looking into getting a base fabricated. However, I am stuck on where to find keycaps for this massive keyboard.

Does anyone know where I can find a set of keycaps for the original Hyper 7 keyboard? Or some other way to obtain a keycap set just like that one?

Thanks in advance!
Hyper7.jpeg
Hyper7.jpeg (4.87 MiB) Viewed 3643 times

Anakey

15 Jul 2019, 09:38

Its not going to be in the original colours or keycap profile but there is a set stocked on PMK called Ferrous that comes with the H7 keys, I managed to talk the designer into including them considering that many who joined the GBs did not have any keycaps for them. https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-ferrous-keyset/

adamcobabe

15 Jul 2019, 13:40

Yeah, DSA Ferrous is basically the only option. The Hyper 7 Round 6 space cadet inspired caps from 7bit are basically unobtainium now. I think there were only a handful made.

adamcobabe

15 Jul 2019, 13:50

You might be able to cobble together enough SA profile POS keys (the 2u keys at the top) from people on Deskthority. I have a few gray keys from Round 5 leftovers, not enough for a full Hyper 7 build, though. Or just use all 1u keys instead for even more keys! :)

zanneth

16 Jul 2019, 04:28

Anakey wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 09:38
Its not going to be in the original colours or keycap profile but there is a set stocked on PMK called Ferrous that comes with the H7 keys, I managed to talk the designer into including them considering that many who joined the GBs did not have any keycaps for them. https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-ferrous-keyset/
This is very promising, thanks a lot for the link!
adamcobabe wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 13:50
You might be able to cobble together enough SA profile POS keys (the 2u keys at the top) from people on Deskthority. I have a few gray keys from Round 5 leftovers, not enough for a full Hyper 7 build, though. Or just use all 1u keys instead for even more keys! :)
I think that will be my backup option. Thanks for the advice :)

Return to “Keyboards”