Apple m0116 rollover

Rezene

21 Jul 2019, 04:04

What is the rollover on this keyboard? I just bought one and I am using it to type this right now with a drakware converter. No matter what I do I can not get more than 2 key rollover with any key combination is that just how this keyboard works or is it the adapter limiting it? I am pretty new to this; so excuse me if this is obvious, but I thought that 2 key rollover meant that you could press a minimum of two keys and depending on the order you can get more than that but no matter what combination I try it is not going any higher than two keys.

Findecanor

21 Jul 2019, 04:41

Yes, that is what "2-key rollover" means: the worst case of all key combinations.

Weird issue. Have you tried combinations of keys far away from each other?
BTW, the modifier keys should not be part of the matrix but on separate lines, and therefore not blocked or blocking any other keys.

Edit: I was curious, so I checked the documentation for the ADB protocol. Apparently it is able to report only two key transitions at once. Maybe the keyboard does not report keys properly if you press multiple keys all at once, but pressing and holding one key after another should work.

I also saw that a firmware update for it was released only a month ago. If I were you I would check if I have the latest version and upgrade if not.

Rezene

21 Jul 2019, 05:20

Findecanor wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 04:41
Yes, that is what "2-key rollover" means: the worst case of all key combinations.

Weird issue. Have you tried combinations of keys far away from each other?
BTW, the modifier keys should not be part of the matrix but on separate lines, and therefore not blocked or blocking any other keys.

Edit: I was curious, so I checked the documentation for the ADB protocol. Apparently it is able to report only two key transitions at once. Maybe the keyboard does not report keys properly if you press multiple keys all at once, but pressing and holding one key after another should work.

I also saw that a firmware update for it was released only a month ago. If I were you I would check if I have the latest version and upgrade if not.
I can't check right now but earlier today I was doing combinations like a and numpad 5 nothing else would register. even when they were very far from each other. Control, alt, shift, the command key, and the power key worked no matter what. I'll try to update the firmware tomorrow
edit: I updated the firmware and tried a lot more combinations there wasn't any that would have more than two key rollover. I also swapped out a different adb cable an tried it on a different computer but there was still the 2kro cap

Return to “Keyboards”