Where can I get a hold of keycaps for ALP switches?

huttala

22 Mar 2012, 16:36

Hello!

I recently got a hold of an Ducky 1087XM keyboard with green alp switches, I love the keyboard but would love to get some other keycaps for it. I've been searching the net for caps that fit but couldn't find any... Except buying old keyboards and get the caps from them.

So, is there any place that sells caps that fits this keyboard? I'd prefer new caps and caps with Swedish letters, but I guess that's to much to ask for..

mintberryminuscrunch

22 Mar 2012, 16:44

best bet would be vintage boards

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Mar 2012, 17:22

Well, instead of buying old keyboards yourself you can ask deskthority members if they have old keyboards and would sell you the keycaps.

Here is what I could propose (German layout, most keys -but not all- doubleshot, some discolored, only featured keycaps are available):
Chicony keycaps.jpg
Chicony keycaps.jpg (152.33 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
I suppose you will get better offers if you open a WTB(WantToBuy) thread in the marketplace section (or ask an admin to move this thread).

huttala

22 Mar 2012, 20:24

Sounds awesome! And I'll consider your offer aswell. :)

The reason why I did this thread was to check if it's possible to buy new keycaps from an store, but as you said it doesn't seem like they sell the caps new, so I guess I'll make an thread in the market section instead.

If you guys are 100% positive that there's no store that sells the caps new that is.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Mar 2012, 07:28

huttala wrote:[...] The reason why I did this thread was to check if it's possible to buy new keycaps from an store, but as you said it doesn't seem like they sell the caps new, so I guess I'll make an thread in the market section instead.

If you guys are 100% positive that there's no store that sells the caps new that is.
Don't know about that, but gladly helping to keep your thread up ;)

gore

29 Mar 2012, 23:07

I found these in my pile of stuff:
Not very exciting, but they have very little wear on them, they're yours if you want them. They came from an ALPS Humedia keyboard - the worst keyboard I ever used.

huttala

30 Mar 2012, 05:07

Thanks man!

Can't believe how nice people are on this forum, I've gotten 2 replies already and right now I'm waiting for caps from them.

I'll come back to you gore, if I need anything else to complete the keycap set on my keyboard. :)

Return to “Keyboards”