Looking for a plastic case for an IBM Model F XT.

Waxwood

02 Jan 2020, 04:49

I'm looking for a plastic case for an IBM Model F XT.
I bought a pristine internal keyboard unit in an auction a while back, but need to buy a case for it.
Unfortunately, finding a case for it has proven more difficult than I thought.

Do any of you have a case for sale or have suggestions on where I could find one?

Jaki1122

02 Jan 2020, 09:13

I might be able to help. There's a seller in Spanish 2nd hand portal Wallapop that sells parts for Model F. I can ask how much would it be and then send to you the case, I don't mind doing it for you.
Here's the link to the ad:

https://es.wallapop.com/item/teclas-sue ... -301141589

NOTE: he's asking price of 20 euros is per each key (switch + keycap), as stated in the ad, other parts you need to ask.

Another place you can check is clickykeyboards
https://clickykeyboards.com/?s=model+f& ... pe=product

Waxwood

03 Jan 2020, 05:21

Hi,
How nice! Thank you! I'd appreciate it greatly if you could ask for me.
I'll look forward to hearing from you.

I asked Clicky a few months ago about Model Fs, but it seems they don't sell them now. Only Model M. Perhaps they have a few Model F XT cases lying around.

Weezer

03 Jan 2020, 15:35

I have a parts keyboard that I could sell you the case from for a good price, but one of the flip out feet is broken on it.

Jaki1122

03 Jan 2020, 18:53

Waxwood wrote:
03 Jan 2020, 05:21
Hi,
How nice! Thank you! I'd appreciate it greatly if you could ask for me.
I'll look forward to hearing from you.

I asked Clicky a few months ago about Model Fs, but it seems they don't sell them now. Only Model M. Perhaps they have a few Model F XT cases lying around.
I asked the seller, I'll tell you when I get some news.

Waxwood

01 Jul 2020, 22:49

Did you receive any news about that Model F XT case? I may have found one, but I'd better source more than one just in case

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

01 Jul 2020, 22:58

Waxwood wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:49
Did you receive any news about that Model F XT case? I may have found one, but I'd better source more than one just in case
Do you need just the plastic top part of the case or do you also need the bottom metal pan as well?

Waxwood

23 Oct 2020, 21:47

Hi, I just recently found the Model F XT case that I needed. I got it from ClickyKeyboards. Very nice of them to arrange the sale to me.
Thanks as well to Redmaus for your reply. Do you have both parts of the case for sale?

Return to “Keyboards”