Need help with Tipro

Tarkoon

19 Apr 2012, 15:24

When I load the config the 032A looks weird!
And when I change these double size keys there stay empty 1x1 slots.
And the key presses do other results as the config shows!
Are there different kind of bus cables? I changed some while cleaning.

Tarkoon

19 Apr 2012, 15:57

Ok, I did a "clear module" and now it works! =)
But that did not work, before I activated the enhanced mode and loaded the config from the keyboard.
So thanks for that hint!!!

Tarkoon

19 Apr 2012, 16:14

I hate this stuff...
Now I can programm the 4x8, but if I programm the 16x8 all keys are somewhere else than defineD...

EDIT: Upload&Verify four times solved it! crazy behaving thing...

EDIT: This thing drives me crazy!!! Each time I load the configuration from the keyboard, it shows me something different.
And when I try to upload my config, it uploads something else.
The one time it worked, there was a window that asked me for pressing all win, alt, strl, shift keys. After this try it worked, but I can't get it again. It came during a normal upload&verify...

EDIT: Could it be, that I have to configure my serial port a little bit different than standard?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Apr 2012, 16:57

Why do you upload your keyboard configuration at all?

When starting ChangeMe, once the layout has been indentified, Open the last configuration you used. It's a good idea to call it "Aktuell" or something like that, because you will know it's that one and it will be quite at the beginning of the list.

This configuration is the same you have in your keyboard, but proceeding this way the keys retain their labels (which they don't when you upload the configuration from your keyboard). Make whatever changes you want to make and Update (that's the term used for reprogramming your keyboard). If you did not save the modified configuration prior to updating, ChangeMe will ask you if you wish to do so.

Just don't bother using Verify. :mrgreen:

Tarkoon

19 Apr 2012, 16:59

Sorry, of course I meant Update&Verify, not Upload&Verify...

Tarkoon

19 Apr 2012, 17:03

If I Change something and press Update all keys get mixed up.
Not in ChangeMe, but on the keyboard itself.
Changing one key is enough...

Icarium

19 Apr 2012, 17:12

I'm guessing that either there is something wonky with your keyboard or with the RS232 to USB adapter. I've never had any of these problems.

Tarkoon

19 Apr 2012, 17:16

Do you use a converter or a native serial port?

Icarium

19 Apr 2012, 17:18

I am quite happy with my 32bit XP installation, thank you very much. ^^

Tarkoon

19 Apr 2012, 17:24

Ah, ok! =)
I tried around now.
1) I change 1 key
2) I do an UPDATE
3) keys are mixed up completely
4) I do some AUTODETECT and LOAD CONTENT FROM KEYBOARD (some end with "cannot communicate with slave...")
5) all keys work as programmed
6) close and restart ChangeMe
7) keys are mixed up again

And it is the same with all three keyboards, so the keyboards are ok!

Icarium

19 Apr 2012, 18:59

Since I have a serial to usb converter now I can try later tonight and see if I run into similar problems.

jond_keyhack

17 May 2014, 19:30

Tarkoon wrote:Ah, ok! =)
I tried around now.
1) I change 1 key
2) I do an UPDATE
3) keys are mixed up completely
4) I do some AUTODETECT and LOAD CONTENT FROM KEYBOARD (some end with "cannot communicate with slave...")
5) all keys work as programmed
6) close and restart ChangeMe
7) keys are mixed up again

And it is the same with all three keyboards, so the keyboards are ok!
I'm interested in using the usb connectror as proposed in this thread and I'm wandering if this solution was definitive in terms of being able to program all four layers under windows 7 64 bit ?

in point 7 you note that when you close Changeme once programmed successfully that they go back t odefault. So my question is does this work if you don't close Changeme on startup? Apologies for bumping an old thread

Topre Enthusiast

18 May 2014, 06:16

I don't know who you expect to come to the rescue for you here but you've very likely pissed off people who were so patient with your questions in the other thread and I think they're the ones most likely to point you in the right direction...

kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 May 2014, 10:24

jond_keyhack wrote:[…] in terms of being able to program all four layers […] ?
[…] does this work if you don't close Changeme on startup? […]
The first question shows you haven't even tried to find out by yourself (the answer is obvious from the ChangeMe software).
The second question shows you haven't read/understood answers already given in the other thread - why try it here then?
Have you ever opened and had a look at the Tipro ChangeMe software?
Please, please, please note that those are rhetorical questions.

Return to “Keyboards”