M0115 ADB Connector to USB

m_raggie

09 Dec 2020, 00:44

I just acquired a AEK M0115! The seller did not have a cable for it unfortunately.

Im looking for a direct converter cable from ADB-to-USB.

Is there one commercially available? My searching hasn't been fruitful.

Findecanor

09 Dec 2020, 00:59

I can find a few old types on eBay .. but I think all are used or at least old stock. Belkin/Griffin iMate, Drakware.

Hasu's TMK keyboard firmware collection contains firmware and info for building a protocol converter using a AVR microcontroller board, such as the Pro Micro. Clones of the Pro Micro can cost only $5 and the ADB cable part could be made from a S-video cable because those use the same mini-DIN connector.
However, Hasu also sells ready-made ones.

BTW 2. We should update the wiki entry on ADB with more converters.

m_raggie

09 Dec 2020, 01:08

Thanks!

Looks like I should still hunt down a ADB cable then, and adapt it via this converter.

hellothere

09 Dec 2020, 18:29

Findecanor wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 00:59
[T]he ADB cable part could be made from a S-video cable because those use the same mini-DIN connector.[/url].
Just to make clearer, they're the same cable. I'm using one now with an Apple Extended Keyboard II. I think I paid around $5 for one on Amazon.

If you prefer to buy an ADB to USB adapter, there's an adapter from Drakware that's very nice because of the small size. $25.

Riverman

09 Dec 2020, 23:54

If you have any computer surplus places in your area, they're usually a good source for Apple cables. I've bought a few ADB cables from places like that. Hellothere is right about the compatibility. I used to go the other way and use ADB cables to hook up S-video equipment. I used to have a lot of old Apple stuff back in the day.

m_raggie

10 Dec 2020, 15:47

I just picked up that drakware converter. Also didnt know about the S video cable being identical. Thanks for the tips!

Return to “Keyboards”