Useful Macros

headphone_jack

10 Dec 2020, 02:39

Figured I'd try to get a list of some useful macros to have programmed into my function strip. Just throw ideas down, for anything from premiere to google docs I want to hear it.

Jesseg

10 Dec 2020, 03:31

Ctrl+C/V/X
I also do lots of 3D work, one of the commands I regularly use is Shift+Ctrl+Alt+C which requires finger gymnastics :?

SOTGO

10 Dec 2020, 04:07

I have a bunch of LaTeX commands as a macro layer. It saves a tremendous amount of typing for common symbols.

hellothere

10 Dec 2020, 15:53

FWIW, I use http://keypad.iosproapps.com for macros. If you've got an iPad or an iPhone -- and I mean ANY iPad or iPhone, even the original iPad/iPhone -- you can (relatively) easily record and play macros and the macro button can have text, colors, or an icon of your choice. Works over VNC, so cross-platform. Obviously not very tactile, but, hey, it's what, $6? I'm pretty sure there are similar apps for Android.

=============

ATM, I just have a couple keys that are remapped: F9 for the Windows key, F10 for Volume Up, F11 for volume down. Easy to do with SharpKeys.

In Windows, if you combine a macro key with AutoHotKey, your options are basically limitless.

ddrfraser1

10 Dec 2020, 20:18

Media stuff

cakeanalytics

11 Dec 2020, 00:05

I save my password manager's master key as a macro, so that I can make it a strong one while not taking forever to type it.
That macro can only be called using a 4-key combination so no one can press it by accident. Also no one has physical access to my keyboard.

arcticfox

11 Dec 2020, 04:38

public static void main(String[] args){}

and other programming boiler plates

AgentOrange96

12 Dec 2020, 08:26

arcticfox wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 04:38
public static void main(String[] args){}

and other programming boiler plates
Ayy Java!

Return to “Keyboards”