Anybody offering keyboard refurbishment in London (UK)?

RetroGuy

15 Jan 2021, 15:20

Hi there!

I'm the proud owner of a couple of IBM 122-key terminal keybaords, working via an RJ45 Soarer's Converter to a USB interface.

However, I have a big problem with some of the keys on both of them, and that of a spare case-less keyboard assembly, that while most of them work tolerably, some feel "tired" with weak springs, and some hardly click at all. This impacts key function - I have a problem with specific keys intermittently sending twice, and others none at all.

I have studied what is needed to take these apart, and understand the "bolt mod" - and, quite frankly both operations are well beyond my technical abilities. I'm a software guy.....!

So, I'm looking for somebody in the London (UK) area who can refurbish these keyboards. I've looked through the posts made here, and I haven't found anybody advertising such a service (apparently, I read, because most people don't wish to pay for it - but, I can assure everyone, I do understand the value of a man-hour, and I *am* willing to pay a reasonable going rate).

I intend to advertise in the Marketplace, too, but I thought I'd drop a line here beforehand, just to ask if this request was appropriate, proper, acceptable, wise, sensible, foolhardy......?

Many thanks for reading.
G.

Return to “Keyboards”