Recreating the Lisp keyboard (10 years later)

darkcruix

06 Nov 2023, 13:39

I am working on a snug fit wrist rest as well in the same design. Still testing the variants before I get it done in the proper color. Here's what I have so far:
23-11-06 13-34-33 5248.jpg
23-11-06 13-34-33 5248.jpg (878.24 KiB) Viewed 5262 times

lispnick

09 Apr 2024, 15:00

I guess it is time to post some updates. 8-) I have substantially extended the profile set. It now includes, among other things, everything that can be found on ANSI/ISO full keyboards. The convex profile includes shorter spacebars and convex modifiers as I have promised. Since the set of supported key sizes is quite large, I will probably make and post a comprehensible ‘spec sheet’ later. For those who are curious, these are the classic (concave) modifiers:

… and these are the convex ones:

engr

09 Apr 2024, 20:25

Wait, does it mean that there is a full-size ANSI 104 keyset available for purchase? And/or a full-size or TKL keyboard with ANSI layout?

lispnick

10 Apr 2024, 14:29

engr wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 20:25
Wait, does it mean that there is a full-size ANSI 104 keyset available for purchase? And/or a full-size or TKL keyboard with ANSI layout?
Almost, … it is just two small steps away. I need to figure out the final pricing and set up a ‘product web’ again. Besides that, everything is ready and tested. Full size ANSI or TKL with MX or Alps mounts is not a problem. I hope to add a support for Topre as well but the mount is harder to make because of its geometry (I will need a bespoke end-mill for that and currently I am in the middle of the reverse-engineering process).

engr

10 Apr 2024, 16:18

That’s great news. I am not normally a custom board guy… but if you are going to offer a full-size ANSI Keymacs kit with a full-size ANSI layout, I got some blue Alps stashed just for such an occasion!

Return to “Keyboards”