Canon keybord with ALPS SKFL switches

User avatar
morbid42

17 Feb 2021, 03:41

got this NOS keyboard in good condition, it's an oem keyboard made by ALPS in early 80s for the canon AS-100 microcomputer series,

the keyboard sealed in the original plastic bag for decades
the top case is made of thick plastic and the bottom is a thick metal plated, pretty well made one
it came with a 8 pin connecter that talks proprietary protocols, so it can not be converted
01.jpg
01.jpg (97.25 KiB) Viewed 291 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (106.62 KiB) Viewed 291 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (101.74 KiB) Viewed 291 times
04.jpg
04.jpg (94.53 KiB) Viewed 291 times
05.jpg
05.jpg (72.29 KiB) Viewed 291 times
SKFL switches
06.jpg
06.jpg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 291 times
fantastic double shout abs keycaps
07.jpg
07.jpg (71.33 KiB) Viewed 291 times
08.jpg
08.jpg (67.77 KiB) Viewed 291 times
BIG blue enter
09.jpg
09.jpg (76.33 KiB) Viewed 291 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (83.53 KiB) Viewed 291 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (89.7 KiB) Viewed 291 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (64.98 KiB) Viewed 291 times
13.jpg
13.jpg (90.52 KiB) Viewed 291 times
some data that I found about this microcomputer
14.jpg
14.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 291 times
15.jpg
15.jpg (266.41 KiB) Viewed 291 times
can I ask how to add this keyboard into wiki?
Last edited by morbid42 on 17 Feb 2021, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

Soqelye

17 Feb 2021, 03:54

morbid42 wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 03:41
got this NOS keyboard in good condition, it's oem keyboard made by ALPS in early 80s for the canon AS-100 microcomputer series,

the keyboard sealed in the original plastic bag for decades
the top case is made of thick plastic and the bottom is a thick metal plated, pretty well made one
it came with a 8 pin connecter that talks proprietary protocols, so it can not be converted
01.jpg

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
SKFL switches
06.jpg
fantastic double shout abs keycaps
07.jpg
08.jpg
BIG blue enter
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

some data that I found about this microcomputer
14.jpg
15.jpg

can I ask how to add this keyboard into wiki?
Nice found, What do you think of the skfl switches, smooth?

User avatar
morbid42

17 Feb 2021, 04:19

Soqelye wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 03:54
morbid42 wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 03:41
got this NOS keyboard in good condition, it's oem keyboard made by ALPS in early 80s for the canon AS-100 microcomputer series,

the keyboard sealed in the original plastic bag for decades
the top case is made of thick plastic and the bottom is a thick metal plated, pretty well made one
it came with a 8 pin connecter that talks proprietary protocols, so it can not be converted
01.jpg

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
SKFL switches
06.jpg
fantastic double shout abs keycaps
07.jpg
08.jpg
BIG blue enter
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

some data that I found about this microcomputer
14.jpg
15.jpg

can I ask how to add this keyboard into wiki?
Nice found, What do you think of the skfl switches, smooth?
I got bunch of skcc and skcl switches, so I can tell the diffrence, the skfl switches are not as smooth as skcc and skcl switches,
there's very little bit of scratchy form the metal contact, seems like they got different type of lubricant or not lubed? I don't have any other SKFL switches to tear dowm, but they got very fantastic typing sound with the metal top. anyway I think it's a pretty nice low profile switches, if you compare the skfl to other vintage low profile switches, also it got full length travel which is very nice for a low profile switches.
Last edited by morbid42 on 17 Feb 2021, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Soqelye

17 Feb 2021, 04:34

morbid42 wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 04:19
Soqelye wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 03:54
morbid42 wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 03:41
got this NOS keyboard in good condition, it's oem keyboard made by ALPS in early 80s for the canon AS-100 microcomputer series,

the keyboard sealed in the original plastic bag for decades
the top case is made of thick plastic and the bottom is a thick metal plated, pretty well made one
it came with a 8 pin connecter that talks proprietary protocols, so it can not be converted
01.jpg

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
SKFL switches
06.jpg
fantastic double shout abs keycaps
07.jpg
08.jpg
BIG blue enter
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

some data that I found about this microcomputer
14.jpg
15.jpg

can I ask how to add this keyboard into wiki?
Nice found, What do you think of the skfl switches, smooth?
I got bunch of skcc and skcl switches, so I can tell the diffrence, the skfl switches are not as smooth as skcc and skcl switches,
there's very little bit of scratchy form the metal contact, seems like they got different type of lubricant or not lubed? I don't have any other SKFL switches to tear dowm, but they got very fantastic typing sound with the metal top. anyway I think it's a pretty nice low profile switches, if you compare the skfl to other vintage low profile switches, also it got full length travel which is very nic for a low profile switches.
Yes, skfl have really good sound

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”