Gaming keyboard has a interference problem from a external DC electrical supply for LED Decors

nic.dcosta21

07 Mar 2021, 19:02

Hey Guys, I have a Tag Gamerz Avenger Keyboard that comes with a mouse. I have recently got it and I am using it with my laptop. I also have two sets of LED strip decors around my table which have two separate power supplies (AC to DC 12V/2A LED Drivers).
So now I have figured out that when I switch on my LED drivers (Which has a completely Different Power Supply to that of my Laptop), I have a strange behavior with my Keyboard. The keystroke speed goes super sensitive or as if there is an interruption between the communication of the keyboard to my laptop. But when I discount that particular driver's LED load then everything is fine. I tried to switch the Driver with another one too but it's the same. The problem is I want them both :P. If anyone is facing the same issue and has a solution then please help me.

micmil

07 Mar 2021, 20:07

Yowch, that's a... that's one ugly-ass keyboard. I love it. :lol:

Watching a video overview I noticed that there are no indicators of FCC or equivalent compliance. It just says "Complies with Standards." Uh... what standards? I'm going to guess the standard of least cost.

If I had to wager I'd say there's no sort of shielding whatsoever on the keyboard. No ferrite beads, possibly not even shielded wire. That could be an issue if it's the case. The wire is basically one bigass antenna picking up whatever stray signals hit it. If your LED driver happens to be spewing RF that might cause a problem.

You could try one of the clip-on ferrite chokes and see if that helps anything, although I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to point out the real problem and save you some money. This place is like that. :lol:

Return to “Keyboards”