IBM model f foam template

gianni

29 Jun 2021, 14:21

Does the supplier have foams with different thickness too?

darkcruix

29 Jun 2021, 14:30

gianni wrote:
Yes, they have 4mm neoprene as well.

gianni

30 Jun 2021, 11:20

darkcruix wrote:
gianni wrote:
LOL that's a little bit too much :-)

Do you think that the 1.5mm is going to work with model F AT, XT, 122?

I don't understand if you want to do a group buy to benefit all the community with a special buy, or if you can give us the name of the supplier.

thanks

darkcruix

30 Jun 2021, 11:41

gianni wrote:
30 Jun 2021, 11:20
darkcruix wrote:
gianni wrote:
LOL that's a little bit too much :-)

Do you think that the 1.5mm is going to work with model F AT, XT, 122?

I don't understand if you want to do a group buy to benefit all the community with a special buy, or if you can give us the name of the supplier.

thanks
I wanted to make the foams available for the community (either the product or the files to let them cut). I actually already have proper ones shipped for the AT, original F62 and F122. Those who have received them might want to say a word here if they are fine. Only the XT one is too thin. I actually don't plan to make any profit or else on this, so it is just a help for everyone, who was looking for professional foam like I did.
Good news is that the files in this forum post definitely work and can be used with any professional laser cutting company. The one I am using is: snijlab.nl here in the EU, as they are fast and normally produce perfect quality. The materials they use just have its normal variation of thickness - and I was aware of it. In the past they were spot on or even a little thicker. This time it was too thin.

troglotype

30 Jun 2021, 11:47

darkcruix wrote:
30 Jun 2021, 11:41
Good news is that the files in this forum post definitely work and can be used with any professional laser cutting company. The one I am using is: snijlab.nl here in the EU, as they are fast and normally produce perfect quality. The materials they use just have its normal variation of thickness - and I was aware of it. In the past they were spot on or even a little thicker. This time it was too thin.
I got curious and ordered their 4 mm neoprene foam in the F AT format to compare it to the 2 mm foam. If the 4 mm works well (I have my doubts, but who knows), I'd be happy to send remaining foams to whoever in Europe wants to give it a try.

Edited after becoming a tiny bit less ignorant.
Last edited by troglotype on 30 Jun 2021, 13:04, edited 7 times in total.

an_achronism

30 Jun 2021, 12:31

Can confirm from experience that darkcruix is not interested in flipping these for mad profit. Not in the slightest.

Unfortunately I'm in the UK and the government in England thought it would be a good idea to exit the EU, which means snijlab won't ship to me, so I can't order from them directly.

Return to “Keyboards”