Improving Unicomp's keycap legend alignment in 2021

an_achronism

31 May 2021, 08:23

The current era of Unicomp shows that the company is finally beginning to take steps to improve the quality of their output, which I would very much like to break them out of the somewhat negative reputation they seem to have gained for a number of reasons. One of the most prevalent criticisms levelled at them for a while has been that the quality of their keycaps has been nowhere near that of the IBM of the 80s and 90s, which is frustrating given that they are the only company currently producing "Model M" keyboards today; there are no better options, unless you just buy vintage keycaps and replace all the Unicomp ones on your Unicomp keyboards.

There are three main elements to this:

1. the quality and consistency of the physical moulding of the keycap geometry itself

2. the quality and consistency of the dye sublimation of the keycap legends, and

3. the consistency and precision of the placement of the keycap legends on the keys.

(EDIT: Actually, there's really a fourth... the consistency of the colours of the keycaps, even from the same batch. They seem to be extremely inconsistent in some cases, even now.)

As of 2021, with both the "New Model M" and the "Mini M" now in the wild, all three of these aspects have visibly improved. However, whilst the dye sublimation is now pitch black, razor sharp, and pretty much faultless to my eyes, the other two remain quite problematic, as far as I am concerned. There were several noticeable imperfections in the moulding of the keys on my New Model M and several of the custom additional keycaps I bought for it, which is something I can't really help Unicomp solve, they just have to get their QC in order. The key legend alignment on the other hand is something that they seem not only to have messed up quite a bit at the production stage (with many legends being squint or placed at inconsistent distances from the edges of keycaps), but also at the pre-printing stage. In other words, it isn't just a one-time error of precision, it's also a baked-in problem with the files that they are using to print their keycaps... so every single Unicomp keyboard currently being produced with the layout I have direct experience of has some keys with obviously incorrect legend placement.

I am but one man, with only one Unicomp keyboard in my collection (hopefully soon to be none, because I am looking to either sell or return it at this point due to my frustrations). All I can comment on with confidence is the ISO UK layout. Most of the rest of what I know is tangential to that, so is out of scope for me at this initial point. However, it would be nice if Unicomp could also take the requisite few minutes to fix similar issues in their other layouts as well, which I would not be surprised to discover the existence of if I were to look. If you have noticed similar issues in another Unicomp layout (recently enough that you believe it to remain unresolved), please let me know in this thread.

I have been trying to get this fixed for over a month now, along with various other issues that I found with their latest full-size keyboard model which they are seemingly not interested in correcting based on the increasingly irritating exchange I have been having. That said, I nonetheless intend to reach out to them once again to push for this to be dealt with once and for all; after all, it would only take a couple of minutes to fix these things, and they can continue using the corrected files in perpetuity, which will improve every single board they produce from said files.

The ISO UK layout that is currently being utilised by Unicomp requires, at the very least, the following corrections:

• "Return" arrow legend on ISO Return/Enter key should be moved upwards such that the arrow points outwards to the centre of the stepped part of the key, instead of out toward the lower part of this stepped section as it is on your standard key map. I believe that whoever created the current UK legend map file simply removed the text from some other European layout which has text at the top above the arrow legend, e.g. the "Invio" on the Italian layout, without correcting the position of the arrow by moving it upwards. This is not correct.

Image Image

• On the -_ key, the "_" legend is aligned too far down and the "-" legend is aligned too far up, bringing them too close together and too far from the edges of the keycap. The very same problem occurs on the =+ key as well.

Image Image

• "End" text legend on End key vertically centred on the keycap, like the neighbouring keys. On Unicomp's standard map, they for some reason have it too far up, as if there were a second line of text below it, but there isn't. Unicomp told me that this was recently corrected on their ANSI US layout, but not on the ISO UK one.

Image Image

• The entire top row (the "Function" key row, Esc, etc.) seems to be off-centre, the legends being further down than they should be. It's like they're meant to be centred but they aimed wrong, so I'm not sure if this one is just a production inaccuracy or if they are actually wrong in the source file.

• Similarly, all legends across the entire layout should be more consistently and more tightly left-aligned, and in cases where a legend is near the top of a keycap as tightly aligned to the top as it is to the left. In many cases, alphanumeric keys on my New Model M had legends drifting further into the keycap than they should, either horizontally, vertically, or both. In general, the alpha keys had legends printed noticeably further from the corner of the keycap than any of the classic IBM boards in my collection (as of now, I have three of those and parts of a fourth). On some keys, it is again unclear whether the inaccuracy is a production issue or a source file issue; look at the left Shift key, for example (which I think is severe enough to be a source file issue).

Image Image

I think ideally, it would be good to approach Unicomp with this information, presented as clearly as possible on a support ticket, and try to convince them to fix it. It's something that should only really take minutes, assuming they have editable map files they can update by simply nudging elements around by a few pixels here and there. Hell, if they'd listened to me a month ago when I mentioned this as part of the wider issue of the various niggles with my New Model M order, they could probably have corrected the issue faster than I wrote this post. As it stands, the only offer they made was that I would have to place an order for a "custom" fully printed keycap set and detail the "custom graphics" I wanted. I would like some slight tweaks to get a nice layout for myself, so I am probably willing to do this for that reason, but I am dismayed that it seems to be deemed necessary for me to do the legwork and pay an extra tenner plus an undetermined customisation fee of anything up to $50 just to coax them into producing a standard UK keycap set that isn't all wonky.

Absolute worst case scenario is they basically tell me to stick it up my arse with a clockwise twist. Second-worst and probably more likely scenario is that they treat this exclusively as a "custom" keycap set, expect me to pay them a customisation fee and extra $10 for a "custom" rather than standard layout (even though this is by definition the standard layout they should be using already, if they're ostensibly producing "Model M" keyboards). Best-case scenario is they actually fix it, and this becomes the new standard UK layout for the foreseeable future.

If you spot anything else you think might be wrong in the actual source file for this layout, or in any other current Unicomp layout, do post away with your findings!

Findecanor

31 May 2021, 11:10

an_achronism wrote:
• On the -_ key, the "_" legend is aligned too far down and the "-" legend is aligned too far up, bringing them too close together and too far from the edges of the keycap.
I think that in this case, IBM did the underscore character wrong in the past, and Unicomp does it right.
It should be located just below the baseline.

However, the legends of this particular Unicompkey might be located slightly too high up overall. The += key definitely has the full legend too high up.

an_achronism

31 May 2021, 11:13

Findecanor wrote:
31 May 2021, 11:10
I think that in this case, IBM did the underscore character wrong in the past, and Unicomp does it right.
It should be located just below the baseline.
What makes you think that? It's like that on everything from at least Model F onwards, it looks really uneven on the Unicomp cap to me.

Findecanor

31 May 2021, 13:34

The character on each row should be in a straight line. The underscore should have alignment like this: _ , not like this: —.

The hyphen and the underscore is one unit. But I agree that Unicomp then does align each such unit badly.

BTW. Many other keyboards have copied IBM's bad underscore. Even Apple has an unaligned underscore on aluminium keyboards, while it had been fine on earlier keyboards. Cherry's underscore is fine also.

an_achronism

31 May 2021, 18:21

Findecanor wrote:
31 May 2021, 13:34
The character on each row should be in a straight line. The underscore should have alignment like this: _ , not like this: —.

The hyphen and the underscore is one unit. But I agree that Unicomp then does align each such unit badly.

BTW. Many other keyboards have copied IBM's bad underscore. Even Apple has an unaligned underscore on aluminium keyboards, while it had been fine on earlier keyboards. Cherry's underscore is fine also.
It isn't aligned like a dash though, not on the 1990 one. It is more or less running in line with the bottom of ")" with a tiny margin for error. On the Unicomp, it's similar enough that I'm willing to call it equivalent alignment relative to other keys on the row but all the keys in general should have their legends moved closer to the keycap edges so that kinda makes sense.

Rayndalf

01 Jun 2021, 06:13

Is there any chance Unicomp will be able to correct these legend misalignments? Lexmark boards had similar issues, but it'd be great if Unicomp gets it fixed.

an_achronism

01 Jun 2021, 14:01

Rayndalf wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 06:13
Is there any chance Unicomp will be able to correct these legend misalignments? Lexmark boards had similar issues, but it'd be great if Unicomp gets it fixed.

feltel

01 Jun 2021, 18:51

Today I got a few single keycaps for my M122. While the printing quality is much much better than a few years ago (much sharper, no more fuzzy chars anymore, even better then original ones), the alignment is questionable.

I got the PgUp/PgDn keys and the NumLock for example:

Unicomp ones; the arrow on the NumLock is shifted towards left and not in line with the text above; the arrow on PgDn is placed far more downwards then on the PgUp key:
PXL_20210601_163920143.jpg
PXL_20210601_163920143.jpg (3.31 MiB) Viewed 2877 times
IBM ones, made early 1990:
PXL_20210601_164001529.jpg
PXL_20210601_164001529.jpg (3.23 MiB) Viewed 2877 times
I`m more than happy to have the ability to buy new made keycaps for decades old keyboards for one or two dollars a piece, but a little bit more attention to details could help.

Wazrach

02 Jun 2021, 00:06

Personally, I think it's easier to see any problems if they've been pointed out to you. I don't have a huge issue with the alignment of my new Unicomp caps, I think it's good enough for my eyes. My issue is that the caps have a big too much play. They're actually pretty smooth, but when pressed in the top left or right, they are more likely to catch and it feels crap. They also don't feel or sound quite as firm to type on as the originals anyway. I really hope they remedy that. I really want to use my new, beautiful set from Unicomp but they just don't do it for me when typing.

an_achronism

02 Jun 2021, 00:22

feltel wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 18:51
Today I got a few single keycaps for my M122. While the printing quality is much much better than a few years ago (much sharper, no more fuzzy chars anymore, even better then original ones), the alignment is questionable.
It's interesting that "Ende" is actually printed in the right place despite it having been wrong on both the US and UK layouts, hahah.

Wazrach wrote:
I don't have a huge issue with the alignment of my new Unicomp caps, I think it's good enough for my eyes. My issue is that the caps have a big too much play. They're actually pretty smooth, but when pressed in the top left or right, they are more likely to catch and it feels crap. They also don't feel or sound quite as firm to type on as the originals anyway. I really hope they remedy that. I really want to use my new, beautiful set from Unicomp but they just don't do it for me when typing.
Interesting. I haven't found myself with complaints about the actual key feel, at least not in that specific regard; if anything, it felt different on the bottom out than my IBM M, which I don't think has anything to do with the keycaps (more likely the different blanket and backplate I'm guessing). I don't doubt that you're correct though, you have significantly more experience typing on buckling springs than I do! (I think my F122 is likely to arrive within the next couple of days, currently typing this on an XT, and otherwise just got the IBM and Unicomp Model Ms.)

Wazrach wrote:
Personally, I think it's easier to see any problems if they've been pointed out to you.
I mean, obviously, aye. Hahah. But I can't imagine I'm the only one in this hobby who is somewhat detail-oriented. I honestly do not think my standards are even especially high; the ability some people have to nitpick subtle differences between switch types, key feel, sound, and so on is something I don't think I either have or even particularly want, for instance (I've found that as I've honed my attention to detail in other fields, I've partially ruined those things for myself by not being able to switch off that hyper-critical part of my brain when I just want to enjoy something and not think about it, which so far hasn't happened to typing, and I would rather it stay that way). That Enter key legend for instance, or the one on End, or the clearly lower-than-centre F row, are all blindingly obvious to me, even if some of the more slight differences might go unnoticed at first glance.

Yasu0

02 Jun 2021, 00:40

For me, Its not that I don't notice the flaws. More that I'm so overwhelmingly happy this company and its product actually exists against all odds.
Attachments
yellow8.PNG
yellow8.PNG (315.4 KiB) Viewed 2806 times

an_achronism

02 Jun 2021, 01:55

Yasu0 wrote:
For me, Its not that I don't notice the flaws. More that I'm so overwhelmingly happy this company and its product actually exists against all odds.
I mean, sure, of course. It's just kind of frustrating that you can spend like £15 on a crap rubber dome board and it will have better legend alignment than the >£100 Unicomp, y'know?

If it actually made a difference, I'd have been happier if they charged more for the consumer business and put those boards through more stringent QC on the cosmetics. Enterprise customers won't give a shit, so it makes sense that they not "waste" precious time on getting things like moulding and alignment as close to perfect as reasonably possible, but it is at odds with the state of the consumer market. The closest I can get to that is paying the extra for custom keycap printing but I'm not even that convinced that it'll be a smooth ride to get a bog standard layout with good alignment approved through that channel either. I'm very willing and indeed eager to be proven wrong, however!

Currently I'm trying to nail down exactly what to request and how to afford it seeing as I've just been screwed over big time by work and won't get paid a normal wage in June (can't be spending $100 or something on keycaps when I literally can't even pay rent). But I do intend to request a minimum of two keycap sets, and I am vaguely feeling like it might be good if one were just the standard set with the issues fixed.

feltel

02 Jun 2021, 16:21

Yasu0 wrote:
For sure. I would pick a Unicomp keyboard with all its imperfections over any other keyboard (original IBM ones excluded ;) ). We all know that Unicomp products are not perfect and there is room for improvement. And that is what this thread is about, imho.

an_achronism

02 Jun 2021, 18:07

feltel wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 16:21
For sure. I would pick a Unicomp keyboard with all its imperfections over any other keyboard (original IBM ones excluded ;) ). We all know that Unicomp products are not perfect and there is room for improvement. And that is what this thread is about, imho.
Right. I mostly agree. Having dabbled a bit, I have very little interest in the sort of stuff that modern keyboard fans love, would much rather spend the money on a Unicomp board. Which is precisely why I did. The trouble is that these niggles with their attention to detail in production and QC have gotten up my nose enough to spoil my overall perception of the product, and the experience I've had trying to come to some kind of resolution with support has been like banging my head against a wall. I sincerely hope that something can be done, even if that something involves me basically crowd-sourcing a spec of corrections to hand to them and then helping to babysit the approval process such that a semi-reliable corrected print master file can be produced, which should allow myself and any others who care about this stuff to order future custom sets – at a small premium of $10 compared to a stock keycap set, presumably – to make sure their boards look as swish as they can. Doing it that way would mean not expecting Unicomp to slow down their working pace without justification, since they'll be making a bit of extra money for each of these custom sets produced, rather than just eating into their profit margin. The thing is, I'll presumably have to pay an extra $50 at the outset on top of what I'll already need to pay for the keycaps themselves and the $10 uplift, if they determine the corrections to be "custom graphics"; this wouldn't have been an issue a month ago, but as it stands, my finances are in a bad spot right now due to health reasons so I'm most likely going to have to put this off for another month or so.

My personal frustration came from the imbalance of expectation vs reality: I'd heard a lot of positive things about the progress that had been made at Unicomp lately, partly with the New Model M itself, partly with their keycap production, and I suppose I felt a bit let down when I saw what I still feel like are pretty avoidable issues in the final product. I've been banging on about this a lot, so I forget what I've said where, but one of the things I keep going back to is that I'd much rather wait longer for a higher quality product than receive it early because it got thrown through QC as fast as possible, not least because I'm on the "wrong" side of the Atlantic which means I'm basically powerless to resolve issues because they don't want to pay for shipping and keep changing the subject every time I try to clarify how the process would work.

If at least the printing files are corrected, then it removes one element of the alignment issue, leaving only the in-the-moment inaccuracies of production, which can be handled to some extent by ordering the keycaps as a custom set because they have a more involved and longwinded approval process compared to their standard production line approach. I wish that were not necessary, but they're fairly small and seem to need to work very quickly, so I get that it's driven by necessity. Generally speaking, I don't mind paying an extra $10 if it means getting significantly better alignment and moulding compared to the stock results; if I had known the reality of the situation before ordering, I would be less annoyed by it after the fact, as I would've been better positioned to make a more informed decision on the matter rather than ordering expecting something better than I was going to get. As it stands, I feel like I spent a lot of money buying and shipping a board and a bunch of extra keycaps that all arrived in less than satisfactory shape. That sucks, because I'm disappointed as a customer, and Unicomp is having to go through this song and dance with me to try to come to some kind of compromise.

In terms of providing a guide graphic, I don't think I'm qualified to give them what they would actually need to produce something better than they have already. I can mess about with keyboard-layout-editor and tweak it slightly after the fact, but that isn't really going to be that great. For instance, you only get so much control with things like font size, and the text is either too small or too large; positioning of legends is also not as finely controllable as I would need to do things like fix the Return legend position, so I've just moved it in an editor. But here's a very rough idea of what I reckon things *should* look like, mostly just done on the layout editor site with minimal editing afterwards (note the text size is too large so the nav cluster keys are too cramped for instance). Note also that my personal preference would be for the "Windows 95" legends to be used so that's what I'll be doing on my custom map, but they don't exist on keyboard-layout-editor, so I've just used generic legends here (and the Shift arrow isn't quite right either). I've also left-aligned them, which differs from Unicomp's habit of centering them, because it seems strange to me that every other legend is left-aligned and these aren't (even if you look at the Shift arrow legend on a Model F XT for instance, the arrow is very definitely on the left, not the middle, of the 1U key top).

EDIT: By the way, the colours were sampled from the colour swatches Unicomp gives on their website, so they don't necessarily represent the real-world appearance of Unicomp keys, but exactly match the colours that they show as examples on the keycap order page. I used a hex colour sampler to extract all of the colour codes and then input them accordingly. Here are all the Unicomp keycap colours in hex, based on me having done that...
Spoiler:
pearl = #c0b8ad
pebble = #827565
gray = #6d6e72
black = #000000
brown = #66534d
white = #ebeef7
blue = #00488c
light blue = #66a7e7
green = #117251
orange = #eb5219
red = #b72927
lilac = #886f8f
violet = #886f8f
yellow = #fdcd01
Last edited by an_achronism on 02 Jun 2021, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Yasu0

02 Jun 2021, 19:17

an_achronism wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 01:55
I mean, sure, of course. It's just kind of frustrating that you can spend like £15 on a crap rubber dome board and it will have better legend alignment than the >£100 Unicomp, y'know?
Good point.

an_achronism

02 Jun 2021, 19:54

Yasu0 wrote:
By the way, those yellow caps look pretty good moulding-wise, though the colour looks like it might be a little inconsistent. The black one looks like mine: uneven colours, bit shiny toward the middle. I'm trying to figure out which colours they seem to do better i.e. that don't have the weird moulding inconsistency shown on those black caps. I think the darker blue ones have the same issue.

an_achronism

02 Jun 2021, 20:34

I've just sent off a new ticket (as instructed by support) to attempt to obtain a custom printed keycap set with the corrections I've detailed, more or less exactly as I've described them in this thread. Wish me luck...

I'm hoping that maybe this will lead to a corrected UK layout that can be special ordered (maybe with the ticket ID or something like that?) so that I can just order one of these with every Unicomp board I buy in future, and anybody else who cares enough and wants a UK layout board can let me know and I'll give them the same details so they can order them as well. Of course, in an ideal world, it'd be nice to not have to do this and just know that you'd get a properly printed layout by default as stock, but clearly that isn't going to happen any time soon if they continue to work as they currently do.

:Dön:

07 Jun 2021, 14:37

an_achronism wrote:
The current era of Unicomp shows that the company is finally beginning to take steps to improve the quality of their output, which I would very much like to break them out of the somewhat negative reputation they seem to have gained for a number of reasons. One of the most prevalent criticisms levelled at them for a while has been that the quality of their keycaps has been nowhere near that of the IBM of the 80s and 90s, which is frustrating given that they are the only company currently producing "Model M" keyboards today; there are no better options, unless you just buy vintage keycaps and replace all the Unicomp ones on your Unicomp keyboards.

There are three main elements to this:

1. the quality and consistency of the physical moulding of the keycap geometry itself

2. the quality and consistency of the dye sublimation of the keycap legends, and

3. the consistency and precision of the placement of the keycap legends on the keys.

(EDIT: Actually, there's really a fourth... the consistency of the colours of the keycaps, even from the same batch. They seem to be extremely inconsistent in some cases, even now.)

As of 2021, with both the "New Model M" and the "Mini M" now in the wild, all three of these aspects have visibly improved. However, whilst the dye sublimation is now pitch black, razor sharp, and pretty much faultless to my eyes, the other two remain quite problematic, as far as I am concerned. There were several noticeable imperfections in the moulding of the keys on my New Model M and several of the custom additional keycaps I bought for it, which is something I can't really help Unicomp solve, they just have to get their QC in order. The key legend alignment on the other hand is something that they seem not only to have messed up quite a bit at the production stage (with many legends being squint or placed at inconsistent distances from the edges of keycaps), but also at the pre-printing stage. In other words, it isn't just a one-time error of precision, it's also a baked-in problem with the files that they are using to print their keycaps... so every single Unicomp keyboard currently being produced with the layout I have direct experience of has some keys with obviously incorrect legend placement.

I am but one man, with only one Unicomp keyboard in my collection (hopefully soon to be none, because I am looking to either sell or return it at this point due to my frustrations). All I can comment on with confidence is the ISO UK layout. Most of the rest of what I know is tangential to that, so is out of scope for me at this initial point. However, it would be nice if Unicomp could also take the requisite few minutes to fix similar issues in their other layouts as well, which I would not be surprised to discover the existence of if I were to look. If you have noticed similar issues in another Unicomp layout (recently enough that you believe it to remain unresolved), please let me know in this thread.

I have been trying to get this fixed for over a month now, along with various other issues that I found with their latest full-size keyboard model which they are seemingly not interested in correcting based on the increasingly irritating exchange I have been having. That said, I nonetheless intend to reach out to them once again to push for this to be dealt with once and for all; after all, it would only take a couple of minutes to fix these things, and they can continue using the corrected files in perpetuity, which will improve every single board they produce from said files.

The ISO UK layout that is currently being utilised by Unicomp requires, at the very least, the following corrections:

• "Return" arrow legend on ISO Return/Enter key should be moved upwards such that the arrow points outwards to the centre of the stepped part of the key, instead of out toward the lower part of this stepped section as it is on your standard key map. I believe that whoever created the current UK legend map file simply removed the text from some other European layout which has text at the top above the arrow legend, e.g. the "Invio" on the Italian layout, without correcting the position of the arrow by moving it upwards. This is not correct.

Image Image

• On the -_ key, the "_" legend is aligned too far down and the "-" legend is aligned too far up, bringing them too close together and too far from the edges of the keycap. The very same problem occurs on the =+ key as well.

Image Image

• "End" text legend on End key vertically centred on the keycap, like the neighbouring keys. On Unicomp's standard map, they for some reason have it too far up, as if there were a second line of text below it, but there isn't. Unicomp told me that this was recently corrected on their ANSI US layout, but not on the ISO UK one.

Image Image

• The entire top row (the "Function" key row, Esc, etc.) seems to be off-centre, the legends being further down than they should be. It's like they're meant to be centred but they aimed wrong, so I'm not sure if this one is just a production inaccuracy or if they are actually wrong in the source file.

• Similarly, all legends across the entire layout should be more consistently and more tightly left-aligned, and in cases where a legend is near the top of a keycap as tightly aligned to the top as it is to the left. In many cases, alphanumeric keys on my New Model M had legends drifting further into the keycap than they should, either horizontally, vertically, or both. In general, the alpha keys had legends printed noticeably further from the corner of the keycap than any of the classic IBM boards in my collection (as of now, I have three of those and parts of a fourth). On some keys, it is again unclear whether the inaccuracy is a production issue or a source file issue; look at the left Shift key, for example (which I think is severe enough to be a source file issue).

Image Image

I think ideally, it would be good to approach Unicomp with this information, presented as clearly as possible on a support ticket, and try to convince them to fix it. It's something that should only really take minutes, assuming they have editable map files they can update by simply nudging elements around by a few pixels here and there. Hell, if they'd listened to me a month ago when I mentioned this as part of the wider issue of the various niggles with my New Model M order, they could probably have corrected the issue faster than I wrote this post. As it stands, the only offer they made was that I would have to place an order for a "custom" fully printed keycap set and detail the "custom graphics" I wanted. I would like some slight tweaks to get a nice layout for myself, so I am probably willing to do this for that reason, but I am dismayed that it seems to be deemed necessary for me to do the legwork and pay an extra tenner plus an undetermined customisation fee of anything up to $50 just to coax them into producing a standard UK keycap set that isn't all wonky.

Absolute worst case scenario is they basically tell me to stick it up my arse with a clockwise twist. Second-worst and probably more likely scenario is that they treat this exclusively as a "custom" keycap set, expect me to pay them a customisation fee and extra $10 for a "custom" rather than standard layout (even though this is by definition the standard layout they should be using already, if they're ostensibly producing "Model M" keyboards). Best-case scenario is they actually fix it, and this becomes the new standard UK layout for the foreseeable future.

If you spot anything else you think might be wrong in the actual source file for this layout, or in any other current Unicomp layout, do post away with your findings!
Their printing quality has problems with their data.
These can be placed in the right place with the mouse or cursor keys. This is very easy to do...
Attachments
166C92E7-EFAB-42A9-B2E5-DDF82EE0E7FC.jpeg
166C92E7-EFAB-42A9-B2E5-DDF82EE0E7FC.jpeg (197.68 KiB) Viewed 2471 times

an_achronism

07 Jun 2021, 14:42

:Dön: wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 14:37
Their printing quality has problems with their data.
These can be placed in the right place with the mouse or cursor keys. This is very easy to do...
Aye, I know. Unfortunately I don't have access to those files to fix them and they don't seem especially interested. I'm still waiting to see what they say to the Sales ticket I sent.

Return to “Keyboards”