Choosing clicky switches with the best sound??

clickandthock

06 Aug 2021, 14:56

Here a sound test compilation of every popular clicky MX switches tested with the same specs for a better sound comparison! Your feedback are much appreciate, it's a new project for me:

https://youtu.be/5LxLPOp0alI
Last edited by clickandthock on 06 Aug 2021, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

fohat
Elder Messenger

06 Aug 2021, 15:00

You only tested Cherry MX style switches?

Findecanor

06 Aug 2021, 15:46

So, only four general types of switches tested:
• Cherry MX click Jacket
• Gateron click jacket
• Kailh click jacket
• Kailh click bar, although both Box and non-box variants.

Go-Kart

06 Aug 2021, 17:14

You need to get some Alps in there, my good fellow.

morbid42

06 Aug 2021, 19:42

buckling spring and beam spring plz

clickandthock

06 Aug 2021, 20:03

Yeah, I need to found Alps switches! Will do buckling spring soon! This video is a kind of helper to choose the right mx type switches before order it!

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Bitteneite

06 Aug 2021, 20:05

Would've been a solid comparison if only you mentioned that it's specifically MX-only. Good video otherwise.

clickandthock

06 Aug 2021, 20:13

Bitteneite wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 20:05
Would've been a solid comparison if only you mentioned that it's specifically MX-only. Good video otherwise.
Thanks!!

hellothere

07 Aug 2021, 04:35

Just to pile on, you need some Topres and Nopres in there :D.

I like the use of the "bookmarks" or whatever they're really called in the video so you can jump to a switch. That being said, I think this might be better as a website and not as a single video. But that's just an opinion.

I counted and there are 50 quintillion MX switch variants out there and you're supposed to use various lubes, films, wraps, etc. Only testing 12 switches is a bit low.

You might want to ask for what the best case is for different switches. I know you're using the hot swap because it's easy to change the switches, but that's not an overly resonant case. I'd actually love to put some Box Jades into a really boomy case, but that's a far-future project.

I like the production and graphics.

clickandthock

07 Aug 2021, 18:01

hellothere wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 04:35
Just to pile on, you need some Topres and Nopres in there :D.

I like the use of the "bookmarks" or whatever they're really called in the video so you can jump to a switch. That being said, I think this might be better as a website and not as a single video. But that's just an opinion.

I counted and there are 50 quintillion MX switch variants out there and you're supposed to use various lubes, films, wraps, etc. Only testing 12 switches is a bit low.

You might want to ask for what the best case is for different switches. I know you're using the hot swap because it's easy to change the switches, but that's not an overly resonant case. I'd actually love to put some Box Jades into a really boomy case, but that's a far-future project.

I like the production and graphics.
Thanks man!! Your feedback is very appreciated! :) Yeah it's a work in progress, will test other variant and part in the future! And the idea of a website is excellent! Thank you!

TheInverseKey

07 Aug 2021, 18:44

I still think that Pro Worlds is one of the best feeling and sounding clicky MX based switches out there.

clickandthock

12 Aug 2021, 16:22

TheInverseKey wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 18:44
I still think that Pro Worlds is one of the best feeling and sounding clicky MX based switches out there.
Wow nice sound! Never heard of them!!

Return to “Keyboards”