eBay identification

dirge

19 May 2012, 08:35

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keyboards-job ... 589wt_1270

I can't work out if these are worth picking up. If the caps are cherry I could clean them up and pass them around. Its the terminal board that caught my eye.

dirge

19 May 2012, 08:45

Topre Enthusiast

19 May 2012, 08:53

Haha - love this at the bottom of the second link

"PAY PAL ACTING CHILDISH
USUAL UNREASONABLE ASSES"

dirge

19 May 2012, 09:09

I've put a bid in on the first link. If they turn up anything good I'll post a detailed thread here and pass them around to anyone that wants them at cost + postage.

mhinsch

19 May 2012, 10:31

Damn! I had them on my list as well...

dirge

19 May 2012, 11:00

mhinsch wrote:Damn! I had them on my list as well...
You can have first dibs on whatever turns up then mate :)

Not doing this for anything other than curiosity. If there's some UK ISO doubleshots in there I'd be tempted, but have already managed to get a set recently.

mhinsch

19 May 2012, 11:53

dirge wrote:
mhinsch wrote:Damn! I had them on my list as well...
You can have first dibs on whatever turns up then mate :)

Not doing this for anything other than curiosity. If there's some UK ISO doubleshots in there I'd be tempted, but have already managed to get a set recently.
I would've been in it mainly for the joy of discovery ;-). Although, if one of the terminals turns out to be a capacitive buckling spring I would definitely be interested. Oh, and Alps keycaps of course, I would like those too.

rodtang

19 May 2012, 13:24

If the cherries that aren't on top have all the caps there might be a full set DS uk caps. There might be an acer/blue alps board.

The interesting thing is the huge yellow beast in the middle of the stack.

dirge

22 May 2012, 20:13

Well we've won the auction but they've sent the following message:
Dear Member
The correct QTY Is 11 Units
Good Evening I Have Been Informed From Packing That The Qty Is Incorrect, Therfore I Am Offering You The Option To Bow Out Of This Purchase Contract Without Malice, & Full Refund Offered.
If You Accept this QTY 11 Units As Oppose To the Indicated QTY 13 Or So I Can Make The Courior AM Tomorow.
Thank You
Guess there's a chance anything half decent has been removed or the bait in the picture isn't included now.

More info as I have it.

rodtang

22 May 2012, 20:20

dirge wrote: Guess there's a chance anything half decent has been removed or the bait in the picture isn't included now.
As far as I can count from the pic there is only 11

And that was a pretty great price even if you're not getting anything super awesome.

dirge

22 May 2012, 22:24

Sorry, I've not had much sleep, spent the last two days in disaster recovery after losing some systems. Need to be more positive :)

and no I don't support geekhacks site... :P

rodtang

22 May 2012, 22:36

dirge wrote:and no I don't support geekhacks site... :P
That would imply that they had someone working on recovery :lol:

dirge

26 May 2012, 08:51

Well looks like my worries are confirmed:

Dear Member

Good Evening

We have been called away we apologise but we are unable to wait for this detail Therefore We Are Refunding Your Payment.

Sysop Did Email You To Forward Contact Land Line Number, which appears To Be Overlooked.

No idea what they are going on about...

rodtang

26 May 2012, 12:22

That sucks...

dirge

26 May 2012, 13:06

Yup, not sure what's going on but I don't think we're going to get the boards. Negative feedback for not honouring the deal.

Shame.

mhinsch

26 May 2012, 16:39

dirge wrote:Yup, not sure what's going on but I don't think we're going to get the boards. Negative feedback for not honouring the deal.

Shame.
Pity. Yeah, these guys are weird. I've bought from them once before and ended up making a decent deal. But when I asked them for example to put the five boards I had bought into one box for shipping I also received one of these baroque, unintelligible responses and of course ended up paying for 5 separate parcels...

t!ng
Awake Sheep

04 Jun 2012, 22:01

Maarten

04 Jun 2012, 23:07

http://plato.ccsscorp.com/course/Appendix%201/008a.html

<edit> also google for 'VT520 Terminal' for some interesting stuff</edit>

dirge

05 Jun 2012, 12:09

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keyboards-job ... 0926343634

They've put them back up after raising a resolution case against me. I've put the bit on there, same arrangement as before... Bet they mess me around again...

7bit

05 Jun 2012, 12:17

dirge wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keyboards-job ... 0926343634

They've put them back up after raising a resolution case against me. I've put the bit on there, same arrangement as before... Bet they mess me around again...
What do you mean?

Looking at the pictures I see a lot of damaged keyboards, so this would be more for parts than anything else.

dirge

05 Jun 2012, 12:22

I won the auction at £6 the other week, was going to post what was available to the guys here and pass it on. But they didn't honour the sale and backed out of it. Now they've gone and re-listed it..

Peter

05 Jun 2012, 12:45

Reported for fraudulent activity ..

Maarten

05 Jun 2012, 13:29

dirge wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keyboards-job ... 0926343634

First they offered a lot of 12 'or so' boards, now they have relisted with 2 less.... Bet he found out two of em were actually worth something :lol:

Did anyone check out those olivettis hes got yet?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120926403590
Could be interesting

Peter

05 Jun 2012, 14:31

This is a consequence of allowing talk about running auctions !
Something is posted here, immediately the listing gets a couple of hundred views and guess what ?
The seller starts to wonder WHY, googles the board and what does he find ?
DT & GH discussing 100 Euro keycaps and 2500$ used keyboards ..
NO POSTAGE COURIER UNTIL PAYMENT IS USED SPENT OR TRANSFERRED INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT
PAY PAL ACTING CHILDISH
USUAL UNREASONABLE ASSES
Yeah right ..

dirge

05 Jun 2012, 14:36

That's odd, I had the £6 bid on there, now its vanished! No messages in eBay either. Can't be bothered now, if anyone else wants to pick this up go for it.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

05 Jun 2012, 15:22

dirge wrote:That's odd, I had the £6 bid on there, now its vanished! No messages in eBay either. Can't be bothered now, if anyone else wants to pick this up go for it.
Auction has been cancelled by the seller. Cancelled bids can be seen here.
Explanation:UN co-operative
:mrgreen:

kint

05 Jun 2012, 16:05

It's bs like this that really makes me mad when using ebay. :evil:
Sellers that don't have a clue about what they are selling, don't care to find out or put effort in it, generally are hostile to buyers and pretend you have to be glad that they are offering that shit anyway.
Usually when you message that there is a remarkable difference between their offering and what you received they tend to get snappy and point to some obscurely high recommended retail price for new items arguing you should be glad that you received the item (even if its broken and useless) for that price anyhow...
Same sellers usually get spinning dollar signs in their eyes as soon as you mention the word "collector".
As if some geeky collectors of stuff that's worthless to the rest of the world means you can rip those usually very nice people off with broken, dirty, penny shit and a rude attitude. aaargh. scnr :roll: [/random ebay rant]

mhinsch

06 Jun 2012, 00:37

dirge wrote:That's odd, I had the £6 bid on there, now its vanished! No messages in eBay either. Can't be bothered now, if anyone else wants to pick this up go for it.
Apparently they blocked you. They added the whole story (at least their point of view...) to the item description. Which increases the creepiness of the listing to a point where no sane person will bid any more :lol: .
I'll keep watching it. If it stays below 8 or so I might put in a snipe...

hoggy

06 Jun 2012, 06:33

I love the way they say they'll throw all of this worthless trash into a box and won't package it neatly.

dirge

07 Jun 2012, 14:00

Read their report of events. They did try to communicate with me, it didn't make sense. They didn't reply to me when I asked for clarity, they are idiots. I'll be interested in getting a board just to I can take a picture of it balanced on the small of my back, above my bare arse, just to send to them.

Return to “Keyboards”