05 Jul 2012, 12:47

Leopold FC200 with brown switches.

megnin

05 Jul 2012, 15:08

1st: Das Keyboard II (modified Cherry G80-3000) Blue MX
2nd: Filco Majestouch Bluetooth with Brown MX

GeorgeStorm

05 Jul 2012, 15:38

First was a Ducky TKL with blues, only got rid of it a month or two ago (after having been through many other boards)

InSanCen

05 Jul 2012, 18:42

First up was a Model M, and I used it for ~15 years.

A second was acquired as the first developed issues. A chance acquirement of a Wang 724 led me down the road to my current set (NOT a collection... I use them!). 2x 1391406, M13, Model F AT, Boscom 122, Wang 724, AT102W, TVS Gold, G80-3000, 2x Cherry G80-1800, a Unitek and and IBM LPFK.

Gilgam

05 Jul 2012, 19:32

Commodore 64, new :-)
Then Apple II

Je vous parle d'un temps que les moins de 20 ans ne peuvent pas connaitre...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Boh%C3% ... ur_song%29

ranviper

13 Jul 2012, 22:52

Just made the switch this year from dome. Got a Xarmour U9BL Cherry MX Browns used from a forum, and just got a wasd cluster set of WASD keycaps as well.

Love it, next I either want a ducky shine or KBT Pure.

bobohobo

14 Jul 2012, 02:48

Filco MJ2 MX Red.

DanGWanG

14 Jul 2012, 03:25

Das Professional with Blues

terrpn

14 Jul 2012, 04:55

Whatever came with original Mac's? Think they were ALPS.

From there IBM Model M.....still got it

bebuxe

14 Jul 2012, 22:58

Since I am a new kid on the block. Mines is the Noppo Choco Mini Brown MX (wanted Red, they had ran out).

If I was from a richer family, I might have had Model M.

Joe221

16 Jul 2012, 19:04

My brother and I bought a used IBM PC with its original keyboard, back in the mid 1980s. Unless, does anyone know what type of switches were in an Atari 800, that predates the PC.

13eightyfour

16 Jul 2012, 23:15

I've just got my first couple of mechanical boards, an RM Nimbus with ALPS buckling springs, a Dell AT102W with black alps and a Chicory with fake cherry whites.

I'm using the RM as my daily driver and love it even though it's hideously loud.

boost

16 Jul 2012, 23:20

Ducky 1087 mx browns

kekstee

17 Jul 2012, 19:16

A Filco Majestouch 2 with Browns. It's also the only keyboard I have so far, but I am trying to change that by getting a Poker (unfortunately no Reds wherever I look). Will be my first one with ANSI Layout, so I can finally spend some money on keycaps :)

The_Beast

17 Jul 2012, 19:18

WASD V1 Custom with browns

Gaben

20 Jul 2012, 06:21

Mine will be a HPE 87 in Cherry MX Brown once it gets here next week hopefully, can't wait to see the difference after using a $10 Logitech board for years. :ugeek:

maxrunner

02 Aug 2012, 16:30

That color is actually interesting, i was thinking of painting my ortek mck-84 with orange or black :P

grilkip

03 Aug 2012, 23:29

First one I got was a Filco tenkeyless with browns, I still have it, I use it for my game pc.

Tried lots of different stuff since, the little one survived everything though.

Swede

06 Aug 2012, 16:27

An IBM Model M. I knew nothing about the pricing for these so I offered a very good price! For the buyer.
Looked like it had been in a coalmine or something as it was pitchblack with soot, took me 12 hours to clean it.

nuuna

06 Aug 2012, 22:41

Qpad Mk-50 with mx red, was only under 70eur

07 Aug 2012, 21:21

Das model 2 represent!

Rocked that thing until I got my poker last week... how long ago was the Das II released? 5 years?

I got it right at release, the funny thing was I had previously wanted the Das 1, I was disappointed that it didn't have the "individually weighted switches" of the Das 1, if only I'd known what good fortune it was to get the model 2 instead.

Glad to have spent my time with the blanks, but seriously want the Miami DS group buy to go through so I can throw that set on the Das.

PointyFox

08 Aug 2012, 06:47

1st: QuickFire Pro (brown) : returned due unlevel board and BIOS problems.
2nd: QuickFire Rapid (blue) : returned due to bad space bar.
3rd: Filco Multicam (black) : keeping (space bar isn't perfect, but better than the QuickFires')
4th: QuickFire Rapid (red) : returned due to bad space bar.

maxmalkav
dye hard

08 Aug 2012, 22:11

My first mechanical keyboard was a Benq, indeed a rebranded Acer with Acer ALPS (I have discovered this detail not too much time ago). I got the keyboard from a junk pile at my university, so I got it for free. That was back in 2007. This keyboard didn't last too much.

Last year, a friend of mine found a Model M in the garbage. It was in quite good condition and he gave it to me for free. To thank him, I gave him a Dell rubber dome (the one with the fancy shape and a card reader), it was decent, but not great. After that, I fell in love with buckling spring. Best exchange of my damn whole life :P

HolidaySHRIMP

09 Aug 2012, 04:37

A Leopold tkl black otaku with brown switches. Sold this recently for a new board.

Next was a near new Leopold tkl white otaku with blue switches. I love this board and still have it. Secured a buyer at work for this one when new board gets here.

Ordered a black blank HHKB2 pro. If I hate it I'll sell it and buy a filco MJT TKL ninja with mx blues. Really wish unicomp would make TKL.

There are now 5 mechanical keyboards at my work place because of me.

WRXChris

09 Aug 2012, 07:19

My first was a Filco MJ2 TKL with browns. I still have it, but it is outfitted with ergo clears now!

agor

09 Aug 2012, 07:34

Mine was a G80-3000 with MX Blues

Dugzor

09 Aug 2012, 22:10

I actually had a Model M for a long time when I was young, then got rid of it long before I became enamored with mechanical keyboards later. Man, do I feel foolish. I had no respect for what I had. :oops:

My first MKB that I truly appreciated was my current Rosewill RK-9000, which I love tremendously.

andrewjoy

10 Aug 2012, 10:24

I used a model M a few times back it the day( at a family members house), the first keyboard i owned was on an acorn A3010 i think it was rubber dome but it was a good rubber dome.

Unfortunately it was then a chain of crappy keyboards (apart form one cherry rubber dome that was quite good) until i got my black widdow, things have just been getting better and better since then.

EDIT

the acorn was good as it had a plate! and not like current rubber domes that use the thin and cheap case so they bend and flex like a gymnast.

http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/Pics/A30102E.jpg

EDIT 2

Check out that layout i had forgotten that! Ctrl where it should be !!!

EDIT 3

Looks like it is not a dome after all

http://www.classicacorn.freeuk.com/32bi ... base3.html

that's a spring over a membrane ( capasative ?) i see no rubber in site, any of you vintage boys know what the hell is going on there e?

Okeg

13 Aug 2012, 19:23

IBM Model M SSK. I am really proud about having this as my first board.
I wish my first PC was as classy...

babychoy

14 Aug 2012, 13:00

CMStorm QuickFire Rapid (MX Blue). It's out of my keyboard rotation now; barely used. :P

Return to “Keyboards”