Info on Sharp X1 Boards

guidemetothelight

22 Jun 2023, 11:04

Hey Guys,

I wanted to ask this question to blaise170 originally, since in my mind he would have been the authority on those japanese sharp boards on here. I´ve only found out the tragic news last week. :(
I want to purchase an X1 Turbo board , because his posts inspired me to get one. Iam looking for one with either SKCL/SKCM switches. So now iam asking the community as a whole, maybe someone knows the answer.
Iam looking at this board right now DSETK0011CE01
Does anyone have a list with the product numbers corresponding to which switch is being used ?
Those X1 Boards also came with SKCC I believe.
1.jpg
1.jpg (158.46 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (209.33 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
Thanks for your help !

guidemetothelight

22 Jun 2023, 12:50

Sadly didnt get it, as I had to do actually do something at work ( in contrast to every other day :roll: )
....png
....png (12.56 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
Last edited by guidemetothelight on 24 Jul 2023, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

John Doe

22 Jun 2023, 14:03

SKCL Green, I think I've checked this model in person at a timepoint in past.

guidemetothelight

22 Jun 2023, 14:58

John Doe wrote:
Thanks ! Do you know where I can find any more ressources about those turbo boards ? I would love to have one, imo one of the best looking vintage boards ever made. (up there with the Symbolics )
Theres even examples out there with red cases and black keycaps. One of those with SKCL yellows and the acrylic dust cover would be something I´d kill for :twisted:

John Doe

22 Jun 2023, 15:39

guidemetothelight wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 14:58
John Doe wrote:
Thanks ! Do you know where I can find any more ressources about those turbo boards ? I would love to have one, imo one of the best looking vintage boards ever made. (up there with the Symbolics )
Theres :) even examples out there with red cases and black keycaps. One of those with SKCL yellows and the acrylic dust cover would be something I´d kill for :twisted:
No idea if there's a place we could quote about its specific detail. I came across few such Turbo boards since years ago, in most cases they came with Alps skcl green/yellow switches but its possible to find dome under alps-like keycaps(I seen once in a black case variant with diff logo), so keep that in mind when chasing. Sorry I dont have photos to prove rn.

guidemetothelight

23 Jun 2023, 08:18

John Doe wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 15:39
in most cases they came with Alps skcl green/yellow switches but its possible to find dome under alps-like keycaps(I seen once in a black case variant with diff logo), so keep that in mind when chasing. Sorry I dont have photos to prove rn.
Thank you very much for that info ! And no worries , you dont need proof , this isnt scientific work (yet) :D

Return to “Keyboards”