Salmon Alps spring differences?

podgen

12 Jul 2023, 11:46

Spoiler:
PXL_20230712_094305132.jpg
PXL_20230712_094305132.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1687 times
So, I was taking apart my m0116 this morning (as you do, you know) and I noticed that some of the springs appear less "bronze"-ey. Is this a significant generation difference or is it just inconsistency?

rezenew

23 Jul 2023, 00:47

Not sure, but mine with oranges was the same way.

hellothere

24 Jul 2023, 00:33

Yah, it's normal. The colors I've seen for white ...

* Dull "silver"
* Dull "copper"
* "Golden" ("bright bronze", if you prefer)
* Bright "silver"

Quotes because I really have no idea what they're made of. I haven't seen any rusty springs, though.

There are a couple different color and size switch plates (grey, white, black, tall, short). There are also a bunch of different style top and bottom housings, too ("Alps" on top, only on bottom, on top and bottom, different style logos, numbers in different corners, etc.).

I'm pretty sure that a couple people have tried to categorize all of the changes.

podgen

24 Jul 2023, 00:51

hellothere wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 00:33
Yah, it's normal. The colors I've seen for white ...

* Dull "silver"
* Dull "copper"
* "Golden" ("bright bronze", if you prefer)
* Bright "silver"

Quotes because I really have no idea what they're made of. I haven't seen any rusty springs, though.

There are a couple different color and size switch plates (grey, white, black, tall, short). There are also a bunch of different style top and bottom housings, too ("Alps" on top, only on bottom, on top and bottom, different style logos, numbers in different corners, etc.).

I'm pretty sure that a couple people have tried to categorize all of the changes.
cool, i knew about the other generational differences but had no idea about the springs. thanks!

guidemetothelight

26 Jul 2023, 14:15

Its the same with all of my oranges I´ve got. They vary a lot between switches and also sadly spring weight.
Thats why I want to spring swap them so bad.

Return to “Keyboards”