Brass Plate Manufacturing?

minimal

07 Dec 2023, 01:24

A while back I purchased a couple of Keychron keyboards (Q1 Pro and Q3 Pro SE - both ANSI layout) for which Keychron shows brass switch plates for sale, but have been out of stock for months now, and I'm tired of waiting. I installed one in another keyboard and immediately loved how it felt and sounded, and looked. The plate also reflects the RGB lighting and makes it both brighter and more uniform. A fantastic upgrade for what I paid. But I digress.

Keychron does make the CAD files available, so I'm now in search of a reputable manufacturer that can make a couple of one-off plates with tight specs, has good customer service, and reasonable pricing (in that order of importance). Any suggestions from those with experience? Thanks!

wobbled

08 Dec 2023, 05:25

I used sendcutsend for a Realforce 86u custom plate, I used stainless steel but you can choose brass, copper or alu as well.

Price for one cut is often steeper so if you can get others on board for a group purchase then itll make it more worthwhile. That being said, I had just one cut for myself and it didn’t sting too bad.

minimal

10 Dec 2023, 19:09

Excellent suggestion to try to work up a group buy. Thank you for that.

Return to “Keyboards”