Model M Spring Assembly / Flipper in the UK

jimjamz

13 Mar 2024, 12:01

Hello Deskthoritarians,

It's bittersweet that my first post here is actually a request for anyone who may know where I can obtain a single buckling spring for my Model M?

I'm currently in the middle of my first bolt mod, and the process has been an absolute nightmare up until now.
I jinxed myself by saying that they'll probably be one missing spring when I put them back in. I wish I was wrong.

Does anyone know of a retailer who already has these in the UK? Failing that, is there someone in the community that can help out?
I'm sorry my first post had to be one like this.

Go-Kart

13 Mar 2024, 20:23

No problem. I don't know of a retailer in the U.K., but the last time I did an order from Unicomp, I ordered a bunch. I'll check to see how many I have spare but you can have a few for nowt; just pay postage :duck:

So welcome! I remember my first bolt mod. It was a nightmare, too! I ended up paying another forum member to complete the job for me!

jimjamz

16 Mar 2024, 17:29

Hi,

Thanks for your response. That would be great. The only UK retailer I found was this one but they are out of stock.

The bolt mod has been going terribly slowly because of a new issue every time I solve the former. I will be so glad to finally get the M2 bolts in and be done with it. DM'ed you.

Return to “Keyboards”