New ALPs switch coming from Edgar Matias

Charlie_Brown_MX

18 Jun 2012, 09:52

TexasFlood wrote:I think he was referring to the models of the upcoming Matias Tactile Pro 4 keyboard. But yes, it was posted that the switches will be available through various resellers including amazon for around $100 for a package of 800 switches. :shock:
Selling the switches seperately is great, but having to buy them in lots of 800 is a bit overkill. They’d be ideal for group buys, though.

7bit

18 Jun 2012, 09:55

koralatov wrote:
TexasFlood wrote:I think he was referring to the models of the upcoming Matias Tactile Pro 4 keyboard. But yes, it was posted that the switches will be available through various resellers including amazon for around $100 for a package of 800 switches. :shock:
Selling the switches seperately is great, but having to buy them in lots of 800 is a bit overkill. They’d be ideal for group buys, though.
Are the $100 including shipping?

$0.8 is not too much and maybe if there where a PCB for them there would be orders for more than 800 switches.
:shock:

We should ask for samples so we can try them out!

:-)

Charlie_Brown_MX

18 Jun 2012, 10:09

7bit wrote:Are the $100 including shipping?
Not sure, but if Amazon are selling them, they’ll probably qualify for free Super Saver delivery.
$0.8 is not too much and maybe if there where a PCB for them there would be orders for more than 800 switches.
I make the switch cost to be $0.13/ea at 800 for $100, so they’re cheap. My real issue is what the hell I’d do with *800* of the damned things. 300 would be more in line with my needs, and maybe overkill even then.
We should ask for samples so we can try them out!
That’s an excellent idea. Perhaps Deskthority could organise a batch from Mattias and then distribute a few to any interested member who’ll pay postage and packing?

7bit

18 Jun 2012, 10:26

Sorry, still too early to be able to do algebar:

$100/800==$0.125 per switch!

Let's do a group buy, no matter if there will be ever a PCB to put them on (or custom key caps!)

edit: I can add it to the CherryMX group buy ...

Djuzuh

18 Jun 2012, 10:40

7bit wrote: edit: I can add it to the CherryMX group buy ...
DOO EEEET

ripster

18 Jun 2012, 16:15

Captain's GH post hasn't been deleted yet. GH mods must sleep in. Or they are STATIC!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Jun 2012, 17:16

@ripster

I would suggest you put all your GH related postings in the off-topic section.

deskthority is not a forum dedicated to GH mourners, but a forum of its own.

Let me put that in German: DU NERVST!

ripster

18 Jun 2012, 17:36

Du nervst?

Which one?
Du nervst. [ugs.]
You are doing my head in. [sl.]
Du nervst mich. [ugs.]
You get on my nerves. [coll.]

kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Jun 2012, 17:49

kbdfr wrote:@ripster

I would suggest you put all your GH related postings in the off-topic section.

deskthority is not a forum dedicated to GH mourners, but a forum of its own.

Let me put that in German: DU NERVST!
Click the link.
You're awfully boring (this, by the way, would be another possible translation) with your everlasting complaints about GH being this or not being that or the GH mods doing this or not doing that.
Please just stay on topic when posting.

ripster

18 Jun 2012, 17:54

I blame the OP for not better maintaining control over HIS post.

Anyway this Matias dude and the German Cherry Corp reseller are now the most interesting posters at GH.

Ignoring them just because they are on GH is like ignoring keyboard vendors that post on FB.

off

18 Jun 2012, 18:46

7bit wrote: I can add it to the CherryMX group buy ...
You really are going for broke... :(

I'm in.

captain

18 Jun 2012, 18:52

ripster wrote:
captain wrote:I told them that you wanted to help. ;-P
I'm sure GH Moderators will get a big CHARGE from your post.

Hopefully not in a NEGATIVE way.

Ohmmmmmm.......

TF, plenty of intertoobs stories of keyboard Zapping..
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=390141

Coulambs...
Baaaaaa..
Baa.

P.S. and lol on the SGI vs AEK2 sound discussion... I have those sound samples somewhere..

Bravo! Well pun, brother. :-D.

Return to “Keyboards”