Need High-Res photos of Sun 5c caps

Vax

20 Jul 2012, 16:11

Hey guys,

could someone please take highres photos of the Sun 5c caps (ANSI and ISO)? Ones so we can see the keys and colors of keys crystal clear. I'm thinking about starting a groupbuy for the whole set at QWERKeys but first I need really good images of the keys and the colors. Maybe best under some neutral lightning take some close up high ress images and upload them somewhere!? I also will ask QWERKeys for a color palette sample. Maybe if there is enough interest we can do an exclusive Doubleshot Groupbuy for those keys.

Thanks!

7bit

20 Jul 2012, 16:19

You know they are only printed?

I doubt that the legends are double-shotable or engravable in the form they are.

kint

20 Jul 2012, 16:26

I have a Sun type 5c I was going to send to /dev/null but I can send it to /dev/null instead for the cause....

itlnstln

20 Jul 2012, 16:29

kint wrote:I have a Sun type 5c I was going to send to /dev/null but I can send it to /dev/null instead for the cause....
Tough choice.

Vax

20 Jul 2012, 16:33

7bit wrote:I doubt that the legends are double-shotable or engravable in the form they are.
Yeah I was thinking about that problem. But I would just send the pictures to Sleabo and let him and his team decide how accurate they could do it.

Another color option would be to make the set Black/Purple. But first I have to know how accruate they could copy the font/styling.

kps

20 Jul 2012, 16:35

I think I have a 5c (and a gray card). Ping me in a week or so if no one else steps up.

kint

20 Jul 2012, 17:06

okay maybe that was too cryptic... :?
I have a type 5c I was going to throw away these days, instead I can send it to your location Vax (which is /dev/null as stated in your profile) so you can take the pics yourself. Or to anyone who can do the pics perfect. Or I can send the caps directly to sleabo so he can match them 1:1.
For the cause as in: I'ld donate the board and shipping for the chance to get these caps.
Or, if the board ain't needed for that cause, anyone who wants it can have it for the shipping cost. :|

dirge

20 Jul 2012, 17:12

I've got a UK one kicking around, will take some photo's when I can get too it. Currently I can't get to my desktop computer due to a crazy amount of keyboards blocking the way...

Findecanor

21 Jul 2012, 00:03

The font looks a lot like Lucida Sans, but not exactly. The letter Q and the digits are different, for instance.
Good that Vax is getting caps in hand to compare with a colour chart. You can't match colours by looking at a photo. Note the blue colour of the letters, not just the colour of the plastic.

How many people have Sun Type 5's that they intend to throw away? Would you use it if you could connect it via USB?

dirge

21 Jul 2012, 12:45

There's a few guides out there to convert them. They are great boards and don't deserve the bin.

Return to “Keyboards”