Mechanicalkeyboards.com - trustworthy?

Vistance

26 Oct 2012, 20:51

So I'm looking to buy my first Cherry mechanical keyboard, the Cooler Master Quickfire with the blues. This Mechanical Keyboards website had the best pricing and allowed returns if you don't like it, and since I've only ever used buckling spring and black alps I'm a bit nervous how I'll like the keyboard. So my question is, has anyone ordered from Mechanical Keyboards.com? Are they reliable?

The price there is $81 after shipping, Newegg has it for $88 after shipping - but most frustratingly I saw this exact keyboard for $64 on Amazon a few weeks ago when I was convinced I wanted cherry reds. Now it has gone back up in price on there. Just looking to find the best price on the Cooler Master Quickfire with blues from a trustable website, anyone help me out?

fossala
Elite +1

26 Oct 2012, 20:57

I've only heard good things about them. Never anything bad. I haven't used them though.

Vistance

26 Oct 2012, 21:19

I rechecked and apparently just since the other day Amazon now has the Quickfire with blues for $66 now with free shipping so I'll go that route - but good to know about Mechanicalkeyboards.com.

Th3KAS

26 Oct 2012, 21:52

I've had positive experiences with them. They have an active representative on the geekhack forums.

Burnin

27 Oct 2012, 09:29

I am currently waiting for my first mechanical keyboard to arrive(i bought it from them). Thanks to naisanza, he received it for me in the US, checked if everything fine and sent it to me to Russia.
UPD: Oh yeah, i've forgot to mention that they don't answer emails, i had to call them via Skype(First time talking to a native english speaker :) ).

furosuto81

28 Oct 2012, 06:51

I just purchased a Ducky Shine II TKL from them this Wednesday and got it Saturday. No complaints. They have quite a large selection of Cherry boards. I previously purchased from Tiger Imports, and it looks like they're the same place, or merged recently. I didn't have problems with Tiger Imports either.

ajx

28 Oct 2012, 10:13

for american people, yes its trustworthy.
for rest of world, it doesnt .
independtenly of mechanicalkeyboard.com competence, if you buy it from us which they are located, you ll pay extra custom taxes + expensive delivery costs.
its depend of rules from your own country.

vun

28 Oct 2012, 23:33

ajx wrote:for american people, yes its trustworthy.
independtenly of mechanicalkeyboard.com competence, if you buy it from us which they are located, you ll pay extra custom taxes + expensive delivery costs.
Doesn't make it any less trustworthy outside the US, just more expensive.

ajx

29 Oct 2012, 23:09

vun wrote:
ajx wrote:for american people, yes its trustworthy.
Doesn't make it any less trustworthy outside the US, just more expensive.
first of all, in usa, they buy cheaper than here as many companies still convert at the parity $ = €
then most of american companies still declare their delivery package at international
would you rather buy a keyboard with any extra cost?
if u live there, it can be worth, otherwise, you ll be screwed for any products that you ve bought from USA
i only warn it here for european customers since deskthority is more related to Europe community

Sem

09 Dec 2020, 22:18

Is it save to buy a Ducky One 2 Mini RGB Pure White gaming keyboard cause i live in the Netherlands and wanna make sure i dont get scammed please help me out.

mcmaxmcmc

09 Dec 2020, 22:43

Sem wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 22:18
Is it save to buy a Ducky One 2 Mini RGB Pure White gaming keyboard cause i live in the Netherlands and wanna make sure i dont get scammed please help me out.
There are probably other vendors, ones in NL, you should look to. MK.com is still a reputable vendor.

Also oooof, 8-year necro post. Yikes.

cakeanalytics

10 Dec 2020, 00:30

Brought from them before (US), and they seem to be all right.
Good to know that they're still around 8 years later.

E3E

10 Dec 2020, 01:32

Yes, they are fine. The owner is a great guy. He helped me get a board that they miraculously had in stock as a return after being sold out (Topre Realforce Ducky Taiwan Edition).

It's a legitimate business. You have nothing to worry about with them.

JBert

10 Dec 2020, 01:46

E3E wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 01:32
You have nothing to worry about with them.
While it's not really due to MK.com, the €10-150 import duty fee might be unexpected and hence something to worry about...

Looking up a EU-based vendor might make the expenses more predictable.

hellothere

10 Dec 2020, 15:38

I'll also put in a +1 for MechanicalKeyboards.com. US. I've only bought key switches and other parts, but no problems. I get a 5% off coupon every time I order, which is nice. They also had a lot of interesting stuff for Black Friday.

Some of the parts can be cheaper in other places, though. If you're going to buy a keyboard or key caps, make sure they're in stock or you might have a bit of a wait.

ddrfraser1

10 Dec 2020, 20:20

They are some of the best. I’ve met them in person as they live 20 mins from my house. Great guys all

Return to “Keyboards”