Model F AT problem

03 Nov 2012, 01:41

So I need to take apart my F AT because the Shift was doing something weird where id stayed on but I have now encountered another problem. The capacitive PCB under the barrel and spring assembly seem s to now be very sensitive. When I connect the keyboard, the springs hold down on the capacitive PCB causing the screen to be filled unregistered keypresses but If i flip the assembly upside down and let gravity take the springs down, the problem disappears. Can someone help me get it working again?

Multiple

03 Nov 2012, 05:53

Could be a hammer stuck under its casing, so just open it and be extra careful mounting the bottom plate. Saves some time if you secure the plate with clamps before securing it by bending over the tab, because then you can flip the keyboard over and check that all keys are in working order (by tapping or wiggling the springs) and if one is not you could just remove the clamps and try again.

MarkWilliamson

03 Nov 2012, 17:30

If / when you're reassembling the board, be extra careful that none of the hammers / feet get knocked out of position as you put the plate back on. It's easy to break their pivots if they get out of place - and then they're a real pain to fix.

Return to “Keyboards”