Ich Bin A Frang?

ripster

22 Mar 2011, 23:16

OK, I give up. What is this?

http://www.keybo.de/content/keybo.store ... /View/1339

Chrome didn't really help here.
Franken Reloaded!
Globally unique new frängische Dasdadur

We have received incredible 1000 Franconia terms of our customers!
Only the best were chosen and are now on the brand new frängischen Dasdadur! Incredible 55 new concepts!
Evil tongues say that so many have already Franke aborted the search for the "hadden D" on the computer keyboard without success.
The new "Dasdadur" just for us franc is the "edzadla" all annersch!
With attention to detail of a traditional keyboard now a focal point for any genuine Swiss francs.
In the USA our Frankens become US Senators

And I HAVE TO ADMIT the EU Keyboard Sales Manager

is much cooler than the US one.

Peter

22 Mar 2011, 23:37

G83-6919 I believe ..
It's part of Cherry's range of German dialect boards..
http://www.cherry.de/deutsch/presse/pre ... _20405.htm
http://www.franken-wiki.de/index.php/Franken-Tastatur

Spharx

22 Mar 2011, 23:52

These Keyboards are the stupidest idea cherry ever had. They put some realy realy stupid dialect words more or less randomly on the caps. Shit like this kinda only works here in Germany where German people cant understand each other because of their pretty heavy dialect. I have really much problems as a person from Berlin to understand for example someone from Bavaria . They talk a other language and pretend that it is German. Makes me mad sometimes. Such a little country with such a stupid problem.

The person who designed these keyboards should be slapped with them because of the supporting of this stupid dialects.
Slap slap slap. Shame on you cherry designer!

ripster

23 Mar 2011, 00:05

I still don't get it. Does the text MEAN anything. I tried putting some into Google translate and didn't get very far.

Ich bin a Frang? Godd sie Dang?

Is it like Noppoo Engrish?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Mar 2011, 00:08

Basically imagine putting English words in some Texan redneck accent on the keys. And maybe a Canadian variant that says "eh?" on the questionmark key and "oo" on the o key. Stupid shit like this. Can't think of a better comparison.

ripster

23 Mar 2011, 00:11

Ah, OK, Thanks. I guess the press release helped. A bit.
Auerbach, 13/11/2007 - Cherry keyboard presents successful models with local color.

While in Munich, nor the last to be dismantled tents of Oktoberfest, running in Nuremberg, the preparations for the Christmas market in full swing. The two major events each year attract an international audience in the Bavarian metropolis. The Oktoberfest waitresses and sausage sellers deliver their goods then often only with adequate English skills to the waiting customers. Bayern's going there as the Schwaben - "We can do everything except speak High German". But to prove both of these examples - the cultivated tradition care contributes not only to their own well-being, but also ensures a proper contribution to the city's budget. In addition to traditional festivals in Bavaria is thus particularly cared for the dialect. While the Upper Bavaria rumbling proudly through the sentences, sounds among the Franks everything a little softer. To maintain good neighborhood, Cherry GmbH presents both Bavaria and the Swiss franc a little bit of home for the desktop. Since October, two different keyboard models, each with Frankish and Bavarian layout are available.
My High School German teacher used to get his Lederhosen in a Wienerschnitzel everytime the subject of High and Low German came up. Claimed there was no difference.

Ascaii
The Beard

23 Mar 2011, 11:31

I've been considering getting one of the G83-6919LUNVY Berlin-Layout to replace a few caps on my carry-around board. A few funny caps only another berliner would get...i'd like that. (I actually just want the "Döna!" key.... XD)
Last edited by Ascaii on 23 Mar 2011, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

23 Mar 2011, 11:48

Is your daily driver a Cherry rubber dome keyboard?

Half-Saint

23 Mar 2011, 11:52

Sacrilege!

Ascaii
The Beard

23 Mar 2011, 14:47

daedalus wrote:Is your daily driver a Cherry rubber dome keyboard?
nah, my carry-around is a g80-1800, just want 1 or two single caps for the lolz (I know you're reading this webwit).

gore

23 Mar 2011, 17:20

Doesn't the 83 use non MX compatible caps?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Mar 2011, 18:16

Nope.

Ascaii
The Beard

23 Mar 2011, 18:39

gore wrote:Doesn't the 83 use non MX compatible caps?
the 83 is non compatible. That wouldn't stop me if i can get one real cheap...I've got more then enough stems i could transplant.

hemflit

27 Mar 2011, 23:41

"I am a Franconian"?

Seac

13 Aug 2011, 15:55

Yes, i am!

monked

07 Sep 2011, 02:36

ripster seems to be a little obsessed with germany :D

is dedicated to beer and means something like "god take care of hops and malt"

is a accent crap and means "i am franconian! thank god!"

same without accent "i am franconian! thanks!"

its a region thing comparable to westcoast/eastcoast...

there is a hessian version too for the "hessisch" people around frankfurt including me ^^
http://www.neckermann.de/Tastaturen%20C ... DE,pd.html

ripster

07 Sep 2011, 02:45

God take care of hops and malt is my favorite.

And the only thing I know about Hessians is from Age Of Empires III.

Return to “Keyboards”