The Oracle Answers

bmt22033

19 May 2011, 21:09

Thanks very much for the quick reply!

gore

05 Jul 2011, 21:19

Oh Mighty Oracle, I need a mini bluetooth keyboard to use with a smart phone, what should I get?

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

05 Jul 2011, 22:04

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Ortek WKB-1600.

Brink

05 Jul 2011, 22:28

Oh oracle of infinite wisdom, I am new to mechanical keyboards and only have my Razer BlackWidow. Next week I will order a Das Keyboard, and am torn between Blue and Brown switches. I love my Widow's blue switches, but have never tried brown switches. Shall I stick with what I know, or shall I dare new horizons?

CeeSA

05 Jul 2011, 22:34

The Keyboard Oracle

05 Jul 2011, 22:39

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Trying different switches gives wings to a creativity that sees the world on a new horizon. It is a unique way to deepen our understanding of individual purpose and to reach spiritual enlightenment.
mantra.gif
mantra.gif (54.77 KiB) Viewed 6312 times

csm725

06 Jul 2011, 01:12

O Oracle,
I am searching for a keyboard without ten keys with Red switches. I desire to find a source that ships to the Communist States of America. I desire to spend no more than 165 CSD (Communist States Dollar).

The Keyboard Oracle

06 Jul 2011, 01:32

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Get one from taobao using a taobao agent.

gore

07 Jul 2011, 14:10

The Keyboard Oracle wrote:The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Ortek WKB-1600.
Might Oracle, that is good choice but a bit too big, I apologise for not providing your greatness with enough infomation; 126.1mm x 65.4mm x 11.3mm, so anything smaller?

The Keyboard Oracle

07 Jul 2011, 22:13

gore wrote:Might Oracle, that is good choice but a bit too big, I apologise for not providing your greatness with enough infomation; 126.1mm x 65.4mm x 11.3mm, so anything smaller?
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Ortek SKB-2700.

Leondre

01 Aug 2011, 02:29

Oh great oracle, you are the reason I have registered

I am looking for a keyboard that I can both game and type on with ease.
I am stuck deciding between brown and blue switches, although suggestions are welcome.
Back lighting is very important to me although not necessary, but a full numpad is.
No funky layouts please, an elongated enter and full sized right shift/backspace are needed.
I am looking to spend no more than $150.

Thank you oracle.

The Keyboard Oracle

01 Aug 2011, 02:53

Leondre wrote:I am looking for a keyboard that I can both game and type on with ease.
I am stuck deciding between brown and blue switches, although suggestions are welcome.
Back lighting is very important to me although not necessary, but a full numpad is.
No funky layouts please, an elongated enter and full sized right shift/backspace are needed.
I am looking to spend no more than $150.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The XArmor U9BL-S LED Backlit Mechanical Switch Gaming Keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches.

The Solutor

01 Aug 2011, 03:15

TKO is more than right here but the U9BL-S is currently very hard to find, so it's price is jumped from the original 130/135$ to 180/200$.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Aug 2011, 12:44

Maybe buy the version without backlighting? Seems a big premium for a few LEDs.

Leondre

01 Aug 2011, 14:16

So can anyone point out to me the difference between the U9BL and the U9BL-S? I cannot find anything different between the two, even after compared pictures and specifications side by side.
Last edited by Leondre on 01 Aug 2011, 14:27, edited 3 times in total.

The Solutor

01 Aug 2011, 14:23

webwit wrote:Maybe buy the version without backlighting? Seems a big premium for a few LEDs.

Leds and keycaps. In a world where someone spend 110$ for a set of yellow topre keycaps, looks more than reasonable.

BTW I don't know if applicable also the the brown version, but the U9Plus (cherry blue) is actually an U9BL with the backlight disabled (via SW I presume) with the leds and keycaps already in place.

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/1031 ... st13930103

The Solutor

01 Aug 2011, 14:24

Leondre wrote:So can anyone point out to me the difference between the U9BL and the U9BL-S? I cannot find anything different between the two, even after compared pictures and specifications side by side.

One is blue, the other is brown

dotancohen

15 Aug 2011, 16:05

Enlightened, enchanted, wise Oracle... Solve this dilemma and ease my pain. My love of the split MS Ergo 4000 keeps my hards apart... even when I'm washing them. I need a lightweight switch (<45g) and a keyboard that does not require usage of the right thumb (mine doesn't work). Likewise, I need the ANSI Enter key, not the two-row monster. Cost is an issue. Which split keyboards come with lightweight switches yet don't cut into my daughters' food budget? Can the Kenesis be found with Reds, used at a fair price, and can I operate it with no right thumb?

Dearest Oracle, will I get my pony?

The Keyboard Oracle

15 Aug 2011, 18:12

dotancohen wrote:Which split keyboards come with lightweight switches yet don't cut into my daughters' food budget
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Split Magic Ergonomic Keyboard.

The Keyboard Oracle

15 Aug 2011, 18:13

dotancohen wrote:Can the Kenesis be found with Reds, used at a fair price, and can I operate it with no right thumb?

Dearest Oracle, will I get my pony?
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: No pony for you!

icecream4dinner

17 Aug 2011, 00:25

Mighty Oracle,

I think I want a mechanical keyboard. Some requirements are:
NKRO,
"silent" key switechs (no clicky cherry MX blue switches),
I don't want to spend 130 $ on "ping sound" keys (are there any NKRO keyborads with pcb mounted switches?)
the keycaps should be durable (so: maybe no filco keyboard?),
a small frame would be nice (like filo or leopold keyboards),
I don't like the large lip at the font of the zowie celeritas,
I don't like these glossy keyboards (DAS keyboad, blackwiddow...).

Is there a keyboard that meets these requirements?
Please help me. Mighty Oracle!

The Keyboard Oracle

17 Aug 2011, 00:33

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Topre RealForce 86/88 Capacitive Mini Keyboard.

F u r u y á

17 Aug 2011, 08:12

Dear mighty Oracle,

Currently I have a Filco with MX Brown and I'm loving it. It's my first mechanical keyboard.

But I want to try others switches too. Especially MX Blue and Red. And I want a cost effective way to achieve that (but I don't want to just try the STB because I want to actually use the keyboard for some time). I won't put any layout restrictions since it's just for experimentation purposes.

Let's start with Blues because it's more widely available:
  • What's your suggestion for a not too expensive keyboard with Cherry MX Blue?
Now let's move to Reds:
  • What's your suggestion for a not too expensive keyboard with Cherry MX Red?
Now let's move to Clears:
  • What's your suggestion for a not too expensive donor with MX Clear (just for Ergo Clear mod)?

Best Regards,

F u r u y á

The Keyboard Oracle

17 Aug 2011, 23:16

F u r u y á wrote:
  • What's your suggestion for a not too expensive keyboard with Cherry MX Blue?
  • What's your suggestion for a not too expensive keyboard with Cherry MX Red?
  • What's your suggestion for a not too expensive donor with MX Clear (just for Ergo Clear mod)?
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The iOne Scorpius M10, The KBC Poker and a used Cherry G80-3000.

graviton

20 Aug 2011, 16:33

O, mighty oracle i need ur guidance. In my country i can only pick beetwen filco, PLU, and leopold
i need red switch....what is your suggestion?

The Keyboard Oracle

20 Aug 2011, 16:44

graviton wrote:O, mighty oracle i need ur guidance. In my country i can only pick beetwen filco, PLU, and leopold
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry MX Red switches.

graviton

20 Aug 2011, 16:45

The Keyboard Oracle wrote:
graviton wrote:O, mighty oracle i need ur guidance. In my country i can only pick beetwen filco, PLU, and leopold
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry MX Red switches.
that was quick!
thanks mighty oracle

icecream4dinner

24 Aug 2011, 16:28

The Keyboard Oracle wrote:The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Topre RealForce 86/88 Capacitive Mini Keyboard.

Mighty Oracle,

This one costs way too much! :shock:
Is there a cheaper keyboard which meets my requirements? Maybe with (cheaper) cherry MX switches?
(The requirements are:
NKRO,
"silent" key switechs,
a small frame would be nice,
I don't like the large lip at the font of the zowie celeritas,
I don't like these glossy keyboards,
approx. 0-150 $ price range.)

I am awaiting your redeeming answer.

ripster

24 Aug 2011, 16:34

Redeeming answer? How DARE you question the Oracle!

Go make the Oracle a sammich.

And they all ping. Get over it.

icecream4dinner

24 Aug 2011, 17:21

ripster wrote:Redeeming answer? How DARE you question the Oracle!
Dear Oracle.
I`m sorry. English is not my fist language. Please forbear with me.
Maybe "redeeming" is inartfully expressed.
ripster wrote:And they all ping. Get over it.
Mighty Oracle,

Now I think that ping sound ist OK.
Does the keyboard I want exist?

Return to “Keyboards”