The Oracle Answers

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Oct 2011, 21:58

ripster wrote:SO those heathens at The Keyboard Company that claim they have used it internally for years are probably just trying to distort the Truth.
They used the acronym for a Diatec term prior to actually selling tenkeyless keyboards?

itlnstln

06 Oct 2011, 22:05

It sounds like they have an Oracle of their own.

maz0r

22 Oct 2011, 21:54

Oh wise benevolent Oracle, keeper of the divine keyboard i beseech thee.
I hath seen the light and even now ride the turbulent waves of enlightenment towards a text input device of the Cherry MX Brown school.
Mine needs for such a device are simple, both typing and gaming, ISO or Antsi it matters not for I shall not look upon this device lest mine attention be lost from the battle onscreen.

Yet even armed thus the choice is to great for mortal man, praythee I seek thy guidance lest I choose poorly or of poor quality, for mine choice doth rest heavy on mine soul.

Majestouch 2 - http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_deta ... RODUCT=804
Ninja Majestouch 2 - http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_deta ... RODUCT=846
Ducky 1008 - http://www.tankguys.com/mechnical-keybo ... n-abs.html
Das Ultimate Silent = http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_30011.html
Ozone Strike - http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_30009.html
Tt ESPORTS Meka G1 - http://www.ilgs.co.uk/products.asp?partno=KB-MEG005UK

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

22 Oct 2011, 22:19

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Filco Majestouch 2.

Telstar

26 Oct 2011, 02:49

Let's try the Oracle :)

Been typing on a Model M for 15 years. I'm looking for something less loud and all black. It must be in italian ISO layout, and possibly tenkeyless (i dont think exist so i'll eventually replace keycaps to UK or DE iso layout).

I'm totally undecided about the switches. I think i'm fine with a little less force and I have no idea how i would respond to the tactile bump. My model M does NOT tire my fingers at all, and i also believe that the switches got softer with time. No price limit (hmm ok but not 1k$)

What do you suggest?

The Keyboard Oracle

26 Oct 2011, 03:00

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Switch Try PCB or Bag, and the Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Italian layout.

Matuka

26 Oct 2011, 16:18

My friend is after a Cherry MX Red keyboard for his gaming desires. He wishes that it's the size of a traditional keyboard (He's not a fan of super compact keyboards, but he will settle with a TKL as the numeric pad is not his major concern!) with qwerty layout either in UK or US. He also emphasizes the need for it to be cheap; he has a budget of just €100!

The Keyboard Oracle

26 Oct 2011, 17:30

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Leopold FC200RR/AB Tenkeyless Linear Touch Keyboard.

cable

01 Nov 2011, 19:20

Dear Oracle,

A friend of mine is looking for a keyboard that has blue switches and should be tenkeyless.

The keyboard should be pretty cheap (the cheaper the better, but should still hold the quality).

Preferably a keyboard with 88 keys (a Swedish layout would be ideal, but a German one or any other would be acceptable, as keycaps can be changed), but if the price says its thing, then a 87 keys keyboard is just fine in this case.

The Keyboard Oracle

01 Nov 2011, 20:10

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The PLU ML-87 Mechanical Tenkeyless Cherry MX Blue keyboard.

TOZZIL

01 Nov 2011, 20:29

Honest Oracle,

will there ever be an iso-layout variant for a kbc poker?
Or is there any very nice alternative?

The Keyboard Oracle

01 Nov 2011, 20:34

TOZZIL wrote:Or is there any very nice alternative?
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: ANSI.

twiggy159

22 Nov 2011, 11:31

I'm looking for a new keyboard. Here is what I would like to have:

-Full size keyboard with elongated enter and full sized right shift/backspace are required.
-Full numpad
-The keys switches would have to be Blues.
-Would prefer the keys to be blank but is not absolutely required. Could just buy new key plates.
-White Illumination, either through the keys or back lit.
-Full nkro

Any help would be appreciated. Heard you were pretty good at what you do.

The Keyboard Oracle

22 Nov 2011, 18:56

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Ducky DK-9008 Shine Mechanical Keyboard, MX Blue version.

Adude

05 Dec 2011, 18:41

exit
Last edited by Adude on 27 Feb 2023, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

The Keyboard Oracle

05 Dec 2011, 19:23

Adude wrote:I'm more interested into the differences between the feeling when pressing the keys (reasons) than just the conclusion.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Switch Try Bag or The Cherry Switch Try Gaming PCBs.

Adude

05 Dec 2011, 20:09

exit
Last edited by Adude on 27 Feb 2023, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

sam113101

05 Dec 2011, 20:18

I want something tactile and non-clicky (and also silent). A tactile feedback that doesn't work AGAINST me but WITH me. I'm a light typist and want to feel my hands flow through the keyboard, if that actually means something.

Keyboard-wise, I want a conventional US layout, no funky layout.

The Keyboard Oracle

05 Dec 2011, 22:56

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Realforce 87U Tenkeyless "Silent".

sam113101

06 Dec 2011, 17:17

Wise decision my friend. Though, I'd want an all-45g board and I don't think they have a silent version of it (there is no such board on elitekeyboards and that's where I'd buy it). But you know what, I have a board with cherry browns and one with cherry reds, and both are okay, they do not make too much noise. I heard topre is even quieter, so silent or not, it would be fine.

Is there any other reason you chose topre over cherry browns? I mean, if sound wasn't a concern, would it still be topre?
What about that "flowing through the keyboard" thing, do you think topre is better than other switches for this?

The Keyboard Oracle

07 Dec 2011, 00:00

sam113101 wrote:Is there any other reason you chose topre over cherry browns? I mean, if sound wasn't a concern, would it still be topre?
What about that "flowing through the keyboard" thing, do you think topre is better than other switches for this?
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Topre is not better nor worse, it depends on preference. The Oracle's personal preference is irrelevant as the issue is not about objective yet conjectural knowledge, open to growth and amendment and most impressive approximations toward truth.

ajx

07 Dec 2011, 04:24

which one would be best suited for my kbc poker?

abs or pbt keycaps in white and laser etched

The Keyboard Oracle

07 Dec 2011, 10:08

ajx wrote:abs or pbt keycaps in white and laser etched
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: PBT.

Ekaros

16 Dec 2011, 06:55

So oh mighthy one. As you already know in your greate wisdom my Filco(105-key) is dead. I humbly require your assistance on the revival of it, which controller should I look for with my little C and minimal soldering knowledge? Which is the one I must get, or should I try and find the original crafted and casted by Filco. Or one of the others so name teency, AIKON or Chameleon?

The Keyboard Oracle

16 Dec 2011, 11:54

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The PJRC Teensy.

Floodge

24 Dec 2011, 06:08

Oh great Oracle - I return again in search of answers. I am looking for a tenkeyless board with blank keycaps, switches other than blue, and some portability. I have considered a Leopold otaku among others, yet could always use a drop of your infinite wisdom before making blind decisions.

May the keys be with you.

Phiber

24 Dec 2011, 08:43

Oh great and powerful Oracle,

I am not one to look behind the curtain of the great and powerful Oracle, for while I may be not in any small part in need of courage, stout heart, and a modicum of intelligence, I beseech thee, as of Dorothy of old, to help me find a full sized keyboard worthy of home (or at least of entering root access). Lest I wake little ears in the wee hours, I have chosen Brown switches; the rest of the riddle, alas, requires expertise approaching that of your shadow being that your radiance would far exceed such a humble need. For this undertaking, funds are not my concern, only quality. My choices each appear precious:

1) Das Model S Professional Silent - I own the blue switch version at work and love it dearly as well as the full money back guarantee; a matte finish though would be desired...

2) Filco Majestouch 2 [BrownSwitch/Fullsize/US ASCII] FKBN104M/EB2 - slightly harder to get, limited guarantee, but loved by so many as setting a standard of quality by which many are measured and few are worthy...

3) Ducky Shine DK9008S Brown Switch / Blue LED - do I need backlight? noooo, but wants it all the same (that and the four extra keys) but sacrifice quality I will not! Hard to get, I would expect no customer service (alas, the mysterious language of the Far East, I speak it not!)... but pretty...

All three boards appear to be from the same OEM... hmm... Would a fourth option of which I am not presently aware provide the high quality one desires that makes my previous dalliances disappear as pale apparitions before a capricious zephyr? Oh help me mighty Oracle, you are my only hope.

The Keyboard Oracle

24 Dec 2011, 12:36

Floodge wrote:Oh great Oracle - I return again in search of answers. I am looking for a tenkeyless board with blank keycaps, switches other than blue, and some portability. I have considered a Leopold otaku among others, yet could always use a drop of your infinite wisdom before making blind decisions.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Filco Majestouch-2 with separate blank keycap set for maximum versatility - if you get bored of the blank set, you can switch, or if you get bored of the keyboard, you can sell it with a fresh printed keycap set for better resale value.

The Keyboard Oracle

24 Dec 2011, 12:56

Phiber wrote:All three boards appear to be from the same OEM... hmm... Would a fourth option of which I am not presently aware provide the high quality one desires that makes my previous dalliances disappear as pale apparitions before a capricious zephyr? Oh help me mighty Oracle, you are my only hope.
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The WASD keyboard if you like custom keys, or get the Ducky from TankGuys.

Phiber

25 Dec 2011, 04:09

All hail the hypno... er... Keyboard Oracle!

Thank you!

Return to “Keyboards”