The SurpriseBag/Box WorldWide Subscription Round 1

adhoc

23 Feb 2014, 12:47

Halverson wrote:Well I got the box yesterday! Can't believe all the cool stuff that's in there! Was so hard to resist taking a bunch of things :p

In the end I grabbed two mouse switches and a cute little cap!

I padded the box even more with foam after adding some neat things :)

I'm out of town till next week, so ill ship the day I get home. Just need confirmation and address it's going to!
There was a click clack in there?

Halverson

23 Feb 2014, 19:33

adhoc wrote:
Halverson wrote:Well I got the box yesterday! Can't believe all the cool stuff that's in there! Was so hard to resist taking a bunch of things :p

I'm out of town till next week, so ill ship the day I get home. Just need confirmation and address it's going to!
Just like in the picture, indeed there was.

adhoc

23 Feb 2014, 21:22

Wow :o

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2014, 21:27

What can I say? We are honourable blokes.

brdrgz

23 Feb 2014, 23:26

adhoc wrote:

Yeah, I saw it when I got the box too.. I kinda wanted it but did not have anything of equal value to trade for it. Damn things are too valuable.

adhoc

24 Feb 2014, 08:27

Muirium wrote:What can I say? We are honourable blokes.
Super cool! I'm not into novelty caps, but I know they're valuable and this is incredible, it really shows this is a great community in my opinion.

Mrinterface

06 Mar 2014, 08:34

Is there any update on this?

Halverson

07 Mar 2014, 01:40

Mrinterface wrote:Is there any update on this?
I sent it to Tinnie on Feb.21 I believe. So it's been in transit for approximately two weeks. Unsure if it's been received yet. I'm not sure how long it may take.

7bit

08 Mar 2014, 00:54

If it is not sent via some express mail, it might take 3-4 weeks.

Muirium
µ

08 Mar 2014, 01:00

Unfortunately, it seems they don't refill all those super fast planes they use to get things out of Hong Kong when they're heading back! Tinnie's shipped some heavy IBMs to me in just a couple of days, but I bet it would take weeks for the opposite direction.

tinnie

08 Mar 2014, 02:29

I still haven't got the box/bag.

P.S. I'll be inactive for a couple of weeks. However, I'll get back to you guys once I got it. Good luck. :)

Halverson

08 Mar 2014, 05:45

7bit wrote:If it is not sent via some express mail, it might take 3-4 weeks.
I had to send it cheap since any decent kind of mail multiplied in price.

Ascaii
The Beard

25 Mar 2014, 14:46

Im curious when the box will return to MrInterface :D

Muirium
µ

25 Mar 2014, 14:50

Don't be lost. Don't be lost. Don't be lost.

7bit

25 Mar 2014, 14:53

More than one month!
:cry:

Hopefully, he did not check "No delivery option: Treat as abandoned" as some asshole did with my DSA order ....
:mad:

Muirium
µ

25 Mar 2014, 15:16

It cost £20 to ship to America (~$30) by the way. Including tracking, of course…

Halverson

28 Mar 2014, 19:07

tinnie wrote:I still haven't got the box/bag.

P.S. I'll be inactive for a couple of weeks. However, I'll get back to you guys once I got it. Good luck. :)
Are you active again? Any chance it arrived yet?

Mrinterface

28 Mar 2014, 19:20

*keeps fingers crossed*

tinnie

29 Mar 2014, 09:09

I think it's still sailing in the Indian ocean.

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Apr 2014, 14:45

Halverson, please check with whomever you sent the package with and have them trace it, this is ridiculous.

7bit

15 Apr 2014, 15:04

Halverson wrote:
I bet he sent it with "Treat as abandoned" option in case of non-delivery, so it will be soon available at Taobao.
:shock:

Muirium
µ

15 Apr 2014, 16:47

Tracking?

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Apr 2014, 17:41

7bit wrote:
Halverson wrote:
I bet he sent it with "Treat as abandoned" option in case of non-delivery, so it will be soon available at Taobao.
I am pretty sure the agreement was to ship the box as a tracked parcel.

Even if he sent it untracked, which i doubt, the postal service can track it with the date of sending and adresses of sender and receiver. There is always a record.

Halverson

15 Apr 2014, 17:46

Ascaii wrote:
7bit wrote:
Halverson wrote: I had to send it cheap since any decent kind of mail multiplied in price.

Even if he sent it untracked, which i doubt, the postal service can track it with the date of sending and adresses of sender and receiver. There is always a record.

I did not send as tracked. At this point I don't even think I have the receipt anymore.

7bit

15 Apr 2014, 17:58

OK, no problem. Just re-ship the items then ...
:o

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Apr 2014, 18:08

Halverson wrote:
Ascaii wrote:

I did not send as tracked. At this point I don't even think I have the receipt anymore.
:|

Please see if you can find the receipt somewhere, that would allow the postal service to track it in their records even without customer tracking.

ne0phyte
Toast.

15 Apr 2014, 18:17

Halverson wrote:I did not send as tracked. At this point I don't even think I have the receipt anymore.
But... but.. but didn't you read the rules?
Mrinterface wrote: Image

Muirium
µ

15 Apr 2014, 18:22

Exactly. Sending your own stuff untracked is one thing, but other people's? The weakest link in the chain of trust is where it always fails. Going untracked in a tour like this is a recipe for disaster.

Halverson

15 Apr 2014, 22:43

Yea I fucked up. I was rushed and could not afford $70+ for tracked shipping. I should have waited and asked what route to take, but I was leaving on a two week trip(although not that two weeks means much now).

I don't know what more I can do than apologize at this point. I can send what I took out to Tinnie at least.

I can ask the post office here tomorrow if there is anything they can do as well.

Maybe I could send a box of my own stuff as well to replace the missing box for the ending?

Once again, truly sorry.

Consider this my resignation from participating in anymore DT activities. I've shamed myself and wronged everyone enough as it is.

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Apr 2014, 23:01

If all else fails, lets have a charity auction for DT anyways. Everyone can throw something in. I have a few things that I know will go like hotcakes for the right cause, some of which technically belong to Hal anyways xD

Also Hal, next time just ask, i had a situation like this on a previous sinklist and several people helped me pay the 40€ shipping so i didnt have the entire burden. I would have been glad to contribute to the overseas shipping. This sinklist business is a learning experience for all of us and I think we will need to add a provision like this to the rules so people are not afraid to ask for help if they need it.

Return to “Keyboards”