Suggestions for a new keyboard, possibly a Korean model?

GeorgeStorm

04 Apr 2013, 17:18

Hey,
Been a while since I've posted here, after using my Poker with blacks for a quite a while now, I've got the itch to try something new, and would like a TKL or smaller keyboard with blues or less common switches.

Seen the Filco MINILA and the Leopold FC660M which looks funky, but I'm out of the loop really so I thought I'd ask you guys.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

ideus

06 Apr 2013, 00:57

A poker with reds :D

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Apr 2013, 01:13

And Kim Tae-hee.

GeorgeStorm

06 Apr 2013, 02:21

ideus wrote:A poker with reds :D
Already had one :P (which now my brother uses :) )
webwit wrote:And Kim Tae-hee.
+1 to that.

Muirium
µ

06 Apr 2013, 09:48

There's a few new choices showing up soon, right enough.
Tex Mini aka Beetle.

Also word of a 60% from Ducky nearing manufacture. Sub-TKL is the way of the future.

I'm all in favour of this trend by the manufacturers. Just remember the Bluetooth, you guys. Slender little keyboards don't want to depend on wires, all the time.

As for the Korean: Sung-Hi Lee.

GeorgeStorm

06 Apr 2013, 11:42

Muirium wrote:There's a few new choices showing up soon, right enough.
Tex Mini aka Beetle.

Also word of a 60% from Ducky nearing manufacture. Sub-TKL is the way of the future.

I'm all in favour of this trend by the manufacturers. Just remember the Bluetooth, you guys. Slender little keyboards don't want to depend on wires, all the time.

As for the Korean: Sung-Hi Lee.
But how long would I have to wait?
Someone suggested the GH60 but I don't really want to have to wait a couple of months to get a new keyboard :(

I won't be going bigger than TKL, and I probably wouldn't really consider TKL apart from a Korean custom, although either the 60% or 75% models look pretty sweet as well.

GeorgeStorm

06 Apr 2013, 15:58

I've just been recommended to look into a Vortex KBT ONI and then get an alu case for it for a similar affect to one of the Korean boards without the insane price tag/difficulty in buying.

Thoughts?

Return to “Keyboards”