Mmmm... White Leopold

itlnstln

29 Apr 2011, 17:33

I wonder if Elitekeyboards is going to carry these.

Sixty, Webwit, feel free to delete this post if it's already been posted.

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Apr 2011, 22:55

I feel free to delete your posts in all circumstances! :twisted:

I really like the clean look with built-in LEDs and no visible branding, but they're still an ugly and shameless copycat of the Filco Majestouch.

The Solutor

29 Apr 2011, 23:07

There's not much room for fantasy when you want to make a clean looking keyboard.

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Apr 2011, 23:13

Meh, too easy. It is clearly a product called into life because of the success of the Filco. I bet they started with the Filco, and then thought, hmm, we can't have the case exactly the same or we'll get legal problems, gave it the asymmetrical (only on the top) curvy edges, which is exactly what makes it look relatively cheap and ugly compared to the clean, straight lines of the Filco case.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Apr 2011, 23:47

webwit wrote: no visible branding,
Got a problem with branding?

PS: Not a photoshop!

Gilgam

29 Apr 2011, 23:53

nice !!!
did you cut some silvered paper and paste it ?
or is it spray painted ?

The Solutor

29 Apr 2011, 23:54

Meh, too easy. It is clearly a product called into life because of the success of the Filco. I bet they started with the Filco, and then thought, hmm, we can't have the case exactly the same or we'll get legal problems, gave it the asymmetrical (only on the top) curvy edges, which is exactly what makes it look relatively cheap and ugly compared to the clean, straight lines of the Filco case.
I'm not a fan of Filco nor Leopold, but have you counted how many keyboards are looking the same as the model M ?

The xarmor was heavily criticized just because an additional (minimal) bezel and grille design.

So enter in the mind of leopold designers, they decided to make a kb made to hit the heart of the filco's fan, they ended in the only possible design.

Personally I like more who manages to offer an added value than who follows the trends so, likely I'll avoid anithyng made from Filco or Leopold, with the exception of the Majestouch mini, which I like a lot because its layout (which I consider an added value)

The Solutor

30 Apr 2011, 00:00

Gilgam wrote:nice !!!
or is it spray painted ?

I think he just know someone with a cutting plotter

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Apr 2011, 00:59

The Solutor wrote:I'm not a fan of Filco nor Leopold, but have you counted how many keyboards are looking the same as the model M ?
Yes, these are horrible clones as well. Unless you noticed them looking like the Model M before the Model M was released. I think before that they cloned the Model F look.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Apr 2011, 01:18

The Solutor wrote:
Gilgam wrote:nice !!!
or is it spray painted ?

I think he just know someone with a cutting plotter
You are right. They are CNC laser cut metal foil.

Ascaii
The Beard

30 Apr 2011, 10:12

any chance for hooking us up with your source? I would be interested in some foil designs for my boards.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Apr 2011, 14:01

He took a ride on a OTD thing.

I have researched it before, there are roughly one billion companies making all kinds of stickers including various foil designs. I think the problem was they all have minimal orders of 1000 stickers or above.

keyboardlover

30 Apr 2011, 18:37

I'd love a few that said "\KL".

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Apr 2011, 18:45

I'll get you some if you take 950 metal foil ducks of me.

keyboardlover

30 Apr 2011, 18:55

That was so "webwitty".

Gilgam

30 Apr 2011, 22:00

simple stickers (non metal) can be ordered for one unit, but it's less expensive if you order more, of course.

Return to “Keyboards”