Keyboards and Amsterdam

maxmalkav
dye hard

31 Jul 2013, 18:03

Hi folks

I've just moved to Amsterdam, I'll stay here working at least for one year. Starting a new life away from your country usually means leaving behind many of your belongings, in my case, my humble mechanical keyboard collection. I've just brought with me a key-puller, and a couple of adaptors ;)

I was wondering about where you can find nice deals around here, I'm talking about vintage stuff, thrift shops and so.

It would be nice to attend the Eindhoven meeting, but I'll have an important visit that weekend and also I don't have any interesting to take there :S

Mrinterface

31 Jul 2013, 19:12

maxmalkav wrote: It would be nice to attend the Eindhoven meeting, but I'll have an important visit that weekend and also I don't have any interesting to take there :S
Welcome to Holland!

Having nothing of interface-interest at the party is no excuse! It would be an excellent opportunity to get yourself a mech keyboard..... :evilgeek:

maxmalkav
dye hard

31 Jul 2013, 19:48

:D thanks for the nice welcome. I fear my girlfriend it's not going to be too happy if I take her to your party the first day she arrives here ;) Maybe the day I'll get for her a nice unicorn vomit she will change her mind.

Thanks anyway and I hope you enjoy quite a lot the meeting!

webwit
Wild Duck

31 Jul 2013, 20:57

Pictures please.

7bit

31 Jul 2013, 21:05

maxmalkav wrote::D thanks for the nice welcome. I fear my girlfriend it's not going to be too happy if I take her to your party the first day she arrives here ;) Maybe the day I'll get for her a nice unicorn vomit she will change her mind.

Thanks anyway and I hope you enjoy quite a lot the meeting!
Please bring your girlfriend! You can trade her for keyboards and other good stuff!
:evilgeek:

Findecanor

31 Jul 2013, 22:15

Cool. I'm in Amsterdam right now, as a tourist for a few days before I go to Eindhoven for the party on Saturday. I have not spotted any interesting thrift store yet, but I would also like to visit one if someone has a good tip. In the Netherlands, most keyboards should be in ANSI layout, I understand.
Edit: There is apparently a continual flea market at Waterlooplein, but I dunno if it is any good. I may check it out tomorrow.
Last edited by Findecanor on 31 Jul 2013, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

31 Jul 2013, 22:26

I know a good thrift store in Eindhoven.
:evilgeek:

Important:
If you need to get R4 replacements or switches from me, and if you are at the DT party, please pm me so I can bring the stuff for free!
:o

Findecanor

02 Aug 2013, 18:09

I picked up a small G84 keyboard at Waterlooplein. The switches feel better than on my old G84 keyboard.
Other than that, it was mostly street-peddlers. A lot of touristy crap and cannabis paraphernalia.

maxmalkav
dye hard

08 Aug 2013, 11:34

Findecanor wrote:I picked up a small G84 keyboard at Waterlooplein. The switches feel better than on my old G84 keyboard.
Other than that, it was mostly street-peddlers. A lot of touristy crap and cannabis paraphernalia.
I'm living myself very very near from Waterlooplain, I'll try to check there for interesting things every now and then ;)

Return to “Keyboards”