European IBM Trackpoint II keyboard?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

08 Jan 2016, 15:11

Cool I have the US version of this keyboard sitting right next to me.

I also have the manual and floppy disk.

andrewjoy

08 Jan 2016, 16:52

Redmaus wrote: Cool I have the US version of this keyboard sitting right next to me.

what is on the floppy ?

Samir

08 Jan 2016, 19:30

I was trying to find the Belkin one I had attached to the M15 because I coudld attach only the keyboard connector and the trackpoint would work too. People found that strange so I wanted to post the model number, but now I'm wondering what I did with it or lost it somewhere. :(

I used to keep another Belkin one in my laptop bag, but every time in through security I was afraid it was going to fall out because the flap on the bag would never velcro anymore. Maybe that's what happened and then I took the one of my M15 to use--and that's the model number I posted...I can't figure out what happened to it. :( I hate it when stuff like this goes missing--drives me nuts.

flabbergast

08 Jan 2016, 20:30

Redmaus wrote: Cool I have the US version of this keyboard sitting right next to me.
Ah, nice! Wantwantwant. I guess I'll troll ebay for a while...

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

08 Jan 2016, 22:07

andrewjoy wrote:

what is on the floppy ?
Gonna find that out soon. My father might have something that can read floppies

EDIT: Turns out it is just some IDP and system files. Also an .exe named UINSTALL and a zip with all the files except the uninstall exe.

Nothing that interesting. :|

Samir

09 Jan 2016, 18:17

Redmaus wrote:
andrewjoy wrote:

what is on the floppy ?
Gonna find that out soon. My father might have something that can read floppies

EDIT: Turns out it is just some IDP and system files. Also an .exe named UINSTALL and a zip with all the files except the uninstall exe.

Nothing that interesting. :|
Care to share the files? I didn't have a floppy with mine. :(

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

10 Jan 2016, 00:10

$IBMHIPD.IDP
$IBMHIPD.SYS
AODBHIPD.IDP
AODBHIPD.SYS
TP2DD.ZIP
UINSTALL.EXE

Those are all the files that were in the floppy. I don't think they will be of much use to you though.

Samir

10 Jan 2016, 05:03

Redmaus wrote: $IBMHIPD.IDP
$IBMHIPD.SYS
AODBHIPD.IDP
AODBHIPD.SYS
TP2DD.ZIP
UINSTALL.EXE

Those are all the files that were in the floppy. I don't think they will be of much use to you though.
Thank you so much! One set of files is the os/2 driver for the trackpoint and the other set is the driver for DOS. I still have some DOS systems, so this will come in very handy indeed! Thank you!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

10 Jan 2016, 07:14

Looks like I was wrong. Glad I could be of help :)

Return to “Keyboards”