Topre switch / Cherry MX compatible

Trev

19 Jun 2014, 13:45

Or a girlfriend with short white hair who sheds a lot ;)

Muirium
µ

19 Jun 2014, 13:50

The macro lens does not lie. That's a cat's whisker! Wrong colour to be anyone else's. Well, yet…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Jun 2014, 14:11

Trev wrote:Or a girlfriend with short white hair who sheds a lot ;)
PS: welcome back Trev.

Trev

19 Jun 2014, 14:17

Thanks! Finished that crazy project I was on for more than a year, so now I'm back to messing around with input devices :)

Hypersphere

19 Jun 2014, 14:42

That Windows key! :(
At least it doesn't have a bubble top.

Muirium
µ

19 Jun 2014, 14:54

At least it's not still on my keyboard!

Those stock caps are pretty similar to a Filco's in feel, by the way. Nothing great, but not so bad you'll ENJOY YOUR FEELING either…

cookie

19 Jun 2014, 15:22

Grond wrote:Screw keyboards... just install bluetooth in my brain, once and for all!
I'd be happy with a pointing device connected to my eyes, so that I can control the mouse with my eyes!
Never leave the home row, that would be a dream :)

I love typing to much to make it obsolete with Bluetooth Brain connection.

Muirium
µ

19 Jun 2014, 15:31

I want that, as a photographer, too. Not some dumb Glasshole headgear, but a light meter in my glasses! We'll get there…

cookie

19 Jun 2014, 16:31

I don't wear glasses, but I would if I could get rid of the mouse that way :D

DerpyDash_xAD

19 Jun 2014, 19:30

I can't stand the winkey/menu key designs - I would have "menu" on the menu key, and the 95 logo or "Super" on winkey. The 95/98 logo looks damn nice. I'm surer microsoft wouldn't mind which logo is used as long as it is windows ;)

Muirium
µ

19 Jun 2014, 19:38

Oh sure, like they'd spell a little thing like that out…

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/In ... grams.aspx

Amusingly, their own (public facing) page seems to be out of date, as everything is Vista era. But look at the Windows Logo Key section to see the not-exactly-long list that you're allowed. Pick only from the list! And imagine what it looks like now.

barkweed

19 Jun 2014, 23:34

I'd prefer text instead of a diamond; "Super" or "Meta" or whatever. But I'll use a set of Ducky PBT dyesubs anyway, so it doesn't matter.

vinzbe

19 Jun 2014, 23:58

Forget diamonds or ducks. Squirrel is the way to go.
squirrel.png
squirrel.png (15.38 KiB) Viewed 6659 times

Hypersphere

20 Jun 2014, 00:10

Muirium wrote:The macro lens does not lie. That's a cat's whisker! Wrong colour to be anyone else's. Well, yet…
If that Windows key were a crystal of galena, with that cat's whisker you could have yourself a classic radio. ;)

JotaCe

20 Jun 2014, 01:16

vinzbe wrote:Forget diamonds or ducks. Squirrel is the way to go.
squirrel.png
I wish my Pure Pro came with the nut instead of the "Win" key.
At least the spacebar has a squirrel instead of the "Enjoy your feeling" motto.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

20 Jun 2014, 11:20

The diamond on HHKB is actually the diamond of the Meta Key on SUN keyboards :d I would love a diamond key on all my keyboards. In fact I don't know if someone noticed the side print on the right diamond key on HHKB, that "Stop" is also from SUN keyboards, Stop key is an important one on SUN machines, you can do a lot of nasty stuff with that key.
Eiiti Wada must have loved those SUN workstations :D

luckynet2

22 Jun 2014, 14:51

are there cancelling this ? or are they going to actually mass produce these??

Trev

22 Jun 2014, 14:56

luckynet2 wrote: are there cancelling this ? or are they going to actually mass produce these??
Who said anything about it being cancelled?

adhoc

22 Jun 2014, 15:18

About wheybags caps...the feel of the material is good. I'll report if any discolouration occurs in fairly short time. Can you tell apart from original caps?

Trev

22 Jun 2014, 15:20

I'm really interested in purchasing some bubble-key replacements as soon as he has them ready :D

Muirium
µ

22 Jun 2014, 16:52

@Wheybags. Open up a sales thread when you're ready. I bet there's good demand for these. I'll be after some when I have a Topre that isn't already MX!

adhoc

22 Jun 2014, 16:53

Well there's been some inquiries on GH. I redirected them to you wheybags.

mrt181

22 Jun 2014, 21:32

Any plans to release a full sized version with numeric keypad or a seperate numeric keypad?

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

24 Jun 2014, 11:49

Hey everyone, like Murium mentioned I do would like to mention the caps shown on the sample that was sent to Murium and Matt3o are not the final caps.. Especially the ones for the keys with LED behind them have changed and also the some changes to the font...

Sorry for a little absence lately but I have bene to DreamHack in Sweden, where actually we had the NovaTouch TKL on display ^^ Aaaaaaaaaaand one of you forum users actually was so interested and had a little go/type testing on it :mrgreen:

Monkay

24 Jun 2014, 13:02

Release it already. I cant wait :D

adhoc

24 Jun 2014, 18:44

CM Bram wrote: Hey everyone, like Murium mentioned I do would like to mention the caps shown on the sample that was sent to Murium and Matt3o are not the final caps.. Especially the ones for the keys with LED behind them have changed and also the some changes to the font...

Sorry for a little absence lately but I have bene to DreamHack in Sweden, where actually we had the NovaTouch TKL on display ^^ Aaaaaaaaaaand one of you forum users actually was so interested and had a little go/type testing on it :mrgreen:
Can we talk about blank PBTs option yet? :D

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

27 Jun 2014, 11:14

Just a small post to share this NovaTouch FB fan page on social media if you guys have and use FB:

https://www.facebook.com/novatouch

Monkay

27 Jun 2014, 18:27

A fanpage for a single keyboard? Can you hype it any more? :D

trax

27 Jun 2014, 21:52

I just want the sliders.
And someone to make MX caps for HHKB.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

30 Jun 2014, 16:13

Monkay wrote: A fanpage for a single keyboard? Can you hype it any more? :D
Haha its not even done by ourselves but by a fan and beta tester (non DT).. :mrgreen: !!

Return to “Keyboards”