[Solved] Leds failing on a Pure

coredumb

16 Dec 2013, 07:09

Hello,

I've had this Pure sitting in its box for a while now - couldn't accommodate to the the layout and was too lazy to teensy it - so i decided to sell it to a friend.
He was more than happy, but just after two days, the Pure started to have led issues. Suddenly all of them shut down.
Only way to get them back is to open the case :?

Could that be a known issue? Hopefully one easily solved by a little something to change?

Thanks,
Coredumb
Last edited by coredumb on 16 Dec 2013, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

coredumb

16 Dec 2013, 16:30

So apparently some of the solder point of transistors were "dry" - not sure if i can say that in english - so my friend remade all the solder point of the transistors and everything is working correctly since then :)

If an admin can close the topic :)

Ascaii
The Beard

17 Dec 2013, 13:05

What you mean is a "cold" solder joint. Reflowing will fix this, glad to hear your board is working again :D

JBert

19 Dec 2013, 15:23

coredumb wrote:If an admin can close the topic :)
We aren't in the business of closing topics. This isn't primarily a Q/A site, though they are of course always welcome.

YoungMichael88

16 Jan 2014, 09:02

What would cause dimming/flickering LEDs in groups of 5 or so in a row? They dim and flicker in unison. Does this sound like a transistor issue? It's on a RACE. Maybe I should make my own topic..

Muirium
µ

16 Jan 2014, 10:20

Probably. And make a video…

Return to “Keyboards”