collector of junk

26 Dec 2013, 14:45

Hi everyone
i.ve just joined deskthority having been on geekhack a couple of years now
got a feeling desk is better for European members (I'm from the uk)

been collecting mech keyboards for a bit now .I'll update my sig latter and post picies latter when I've joined flicker etc but here's a rough list.

ibm model m
ibm terminal model m (battleship)
kbc poker II
filco minila
modded cm storm trigger mx blacks
qpad mk 85 mx reds
tvs mx blues
cherry g80?????? mx blacks /doubleshots
cherry g84
wey traders board mx whites? doubleshots
various access is and tipro pos keyboards mx blacks /doubleshots
accuratus 60 key pos (current project) mx blacks
dell 102w alps
various old keyboards with alps /semi mechanical switches/rubber domes !!!!!
my best find so far 3 tulip keyboards (with d/shots that fit alps) and are semi mech /clicky rubber domes and a
unbranded keyboard with keycaps that fit cherry mx ,all from a skip !!!!!(loves skip hunting lol)

current project modd the accuratus by changing layout to a slightly different kbc poker II layout and swap some keys with mx greens/grays/reds/blues etc and put it in a zx spectrum + case (maybe use some of the spectrum (doubleshots) keycaps as they nearly fit mx keys !!!! will keep you all posted as it goes hopefully

I like restoring /modding old keyboards (ibm terminals etc)
modding access/tipro keyboards into "normal keyboards".
like my previous project where I stripped a access keyboard,changed the layout rewired all the keys (god did I hate that part) .
used 1mm aluminium mech as the base plate cutting the holes by hand with a wood chisel
soldering the wires back to the original access circuit board then put it all into a zx spectrum +2 case and used the access keycaps .except where I had to remove the cross part of the keycap (the bit that fits onto the cherry key) and hot glue it to keycaps that I didn't have ie the spacebar /win /alt etc

ps happy Christmas all

Muirium
µ

26 Dec 2013, 17:34

I diagnose you with a Spectrum disorder. Welcome to the club!

Don't worry about your sig. We never see them here anyway. One of the best things about the site layout, in fact. Keeps things nice and clean, and leads people to write posts about their projects to get them known instead.

collector of junk

09 Jan 2014, 21:50

just joined photobucket so here's my display cabinet

that better was late when I posted it lol
Last edited by collector of junk on 10 Jan 2014, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

09 Jan 2014, 22:30

try this:
exiftran -api P1080084_zpsf9168120.jpg
:roll:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

09 Jan 2014, 23:49

oh my! your cabinet can walk the walls! :P

nice collection by the way

hoggy

11 Jan 2014, 21:17

Nice display!

If you get bored of making the pos boards into something more normal, why not turn them into something weird...

collector of junk

12 Jan 2014, 12:19

I suppose I only modify pos keyboards .
A. because its a cheap (ish) method of making a keyboard and pretty easy if you use the on board controller and software and keycaps too.

B. if I make "a standard" keyboard I get some use out of it (until I move onto next project)!!!

so inspire me with some ideas please ?????

Vierax

12 Jan 2014, 18:03

This is approximatively what I use on my Tipro (sorry for the bépo layout). It's a matrix-layout variant of my DIY Project

dorkvader

14 Jan 2014, 04:56

The WEY is likely clears not whites.

Nice collection! Your display sure beats my collection of boxes in the basement method (I also have loose and disassembled keyboard on every flat surface in my room.

collector of junk

14 Jan 2014, 18:00

dorkvader wrote:The WEY is likely clears not whites.

Nice collection! Your display sure beats my collection of boxes in the basement method (I also have loose and disassembled keyboard on every flat surface in my room.
mine was like that for ages ie in the spare room in cupboard's !!
then I thought "what's the point of a collection if I never see it and got the cabinet cheap in local ads (lucky for one)
got a few more "laid about "on every surface too !

collector of junk

14 Jan 2014, 18:04

Vierax wrote:This is approximatively what I use on my Tipro (sorry for the bépo layout). It's a matrix-layout variant of my DIY Project

nice keyboard .the only problem for me is I still only two finger type now after years of "standard keyboard layout"
although was thinking of a eve online keyboard

Return to “Keyboards”