Favorite backlight color?

Compgeke

06 Jan 2014, 09:07

Hard to tell in a picture. Have any taken in the dark without flash or any light sources? Light bleed from the keyboard makes it a lot easier to tell.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Jan 2014, 09:15

hard to say from the pics. considering that the pictures are taken in day light (or room light), they seem too bright.

YoungMichael88

06 Jan 2014, 09:21

I'm one of the few who enjoys a multi-color LED board. I would like to find a good looking purple LED tho that doesn't look too pink.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

06 Jan 2014, 09:36

Compgeke wrote:Hard to tell in a picture. Have any taken in the dark without flash or any light sources? Light bleed from the keyboard makes it a lot easier to tell.
Compgeke wrote:Hard to tell in a picture. Have any taken in the dark without flash or any light sources? Light bleed from the keyboard makes it a lot easier to tell.
Yes this is true.. I took these pictures very fast in the office (lots of light above) and with my cellphone even ... :oops: :)

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

06 Jan 2014, 11:59

I would say just bright enough so as the legends looks well lit, more than that and it's annoying.

epzy

07 Jan 2014, 05:50

OK, ill state my opinions based on the Quickfire TK's.

Blue: My fav. Why? Because the color is sharp, and looks good. Can be distracting.

Red: 2nd fav. Why? Because it's not as distracting as the blue, but I wish it wasn't so orangey/weird red.

Green: Same as blue, but I like the color blue more. :]

White: Boring! Unless you want to change all your keycaps into different colors.

I wish you'd have Purple, though.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

07 Jan 2014, 11:21

Broadmonkey wrote:I would say just bright enough so as the legends looks well lit, more than that and it's annoying.
True but there will be brightness levels adjustments. So you can always turn the brightness level down if the highest mode is too bright for you :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Jan 2014, 11:22

CM Bram wrote:
Broadmonkey wrote:I would say just bright enough so as the legends looks well lit, more than that and it's annoying.
True but there will be brightness levels adjustments. So you can always turn the brightness level down if the highest mode is too bright for you :)
then there's no issue at all. just make so the lightest level is very light.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

07 Jan 2014, 16:24

matt3o wrote:
CM Bram wrote:
then there's no issue at all. just make so the lightest level is very light.
feedback noted :)

YoungMichael88

08 Jan 2014, 10:30

Now my new favorite color is the new cherry corsair RGB switches. Or is that cheating?

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

08 Jan 2014, 13:21

Cheater :D Haha... Exclusive deal between Corsair and Cherry unfortunately. We aim to focus on the Topre/Cherry MX compatible switch :)

Muirium
µ

08 Jan 2014, 14:39

Definitely the right choice to win some new fans at DT!

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

10 Jan 2014, 11:00

Muirium wrote:Definitely the right choice to win some new fans at DT!

Haha good to hear Muirium :D

passerby

10 Jan 2014, 11:12

Am I the only one who thinks in terms of the overall interior design of the room? Yeah I guess, looking at a keyboard by itself I suppose I think white and or blue backlight colour looks the best. However, looking at the room, or at least the desk area as a whole, another colour might be preferable.
Though, admittedly I am a mechanical keyboard newbie, and I guess a long time enthusiast (like most of you guys are no doubt) who likes to play around with different boards and colour schemes can't really repaint the walls and furniture everytime you do something to a keyboard.

Spearman

10 Jan 2014, 13:22

Blue is pretty ubiquitous. White is neutral, not a bad choice, green or red could be 'fun'. Other interesting options would be Amber or Purple. BUT my experience with having a backlit keyboard (Saitek) is that the light being basically at the lower peripheral of my vision is too distracting.

adhoc

10 Jan 2014, 13:28

There is only one good color for backlit keyboards...no light whatsoever.

Now that we got this out of the way, go go compatible switches!

James35

16 May 2014, 05:41

My favorite is white.
I started with blue backlit, but I now realize it's a bit harsh. Crank up to maximum brightness and you'll see the blue "harshness" better. So now, I prefer white with the white backsplash plate too, because it makes the keys slightly easier to see their location.

Return to “Keyboards”