matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jan 2014, 09:52

I found this in my morning keyboard wanderlusting. I thought I would share
autoclave__.jpg
autoclave__.jpg (125.5 KiB) Viewed 1998 times

adhoc

14 Jan 2014, 10:59

I don't get it, why would I want my keyboard to withstand 250 degrees of Celsisus and pressure of 15 PSI? :P

wheybags

14 Jan 2014, 11:10

All that build quality, and they're still rubber dome ;_;

bhtooefr

14 Jan 2014, 11:12

adhoc wrote:I don't get it, why would I want my keyboard to withstand 250 degrees of Celsisus and pressure of 15 PSI? :P
Medical use, where there's a risk of contamination from one patient to the next, would be the biggest application.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jan 2014, 11:31

the keyboards are not meant to be "autoclaved" :) they just mean that they are very very robust. The applications are countless (military, aeronautical, heavy duty, extreme locations, ...)

bhtooefr

14 Jan 2014, 11:41

And some of these robust keyboards can survive things that would destroy your average mechanical in short order.

Now I'm actually wondering what the best mech for harsh conditions would be... Late Model M, with drainage channels? Even plate-mounted stuff seems like it'd have too much of a risk of ingress past the plate, and both Cherry and Alps would risk leaking past the seams anyway. And the Model F would risk leaking past the barrels, although then, if there WAS a leak, it could be repaired easily enough.

Findecanor

14 Jan 2014, 12:08

adhoc wrote:I don't get it, why would I want my keyboard to withstand 250 degrees of Celsisus and pressure of 15 PSI? :P
It does not say Celsius. Could be Fahrenheit. 250°F = 121.1°C. At that temperature, most ABS will warp.

Return to “Keyboards”